The Borderlands spin-off Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands was a “major victory” that exceeded sales and critical expectations, according to Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford.
Speaking during studio owner Embracer’s annual general meeting today , as reported by VGC , Pitchford said, “Gearbox Software achieved a major victory” with Wonderlands, which is becoming a “new franchise” for the studio. Future “experiences” for the Wonderlands brand are now in the works.
“Wonderlands shattered all of our target expectations, both critically and commercially, and I’m thrilled to report that in addition to great financial rewards from this victory that will be coming our way in the coming quarters, we have established a firm beachhead,” he said. “We now clearly have a new franchise on our hands, with future experiences already under development at Gearbox.”
Unlike the mainline Borderlands series, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a high fantasy game, the likes of which Gearbox has been trying to make since it pitched Lord of the Rings games many years ago. It stars Tiny Tina, voiced by Ashly Burch, with a supporting cast that includes Will Arnett, Andy Samberg, and Wanda Sykes.
Here at GameSpot, our Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands review scored the fantasy game a 7/10. Reviewer Darryn Bonthuys said it doesn’t reinvent the Borderlands wheel but is a competent first-person shooter, albeit one that is “fun but forgettable.”
Gearbox was acquired by Embracer in 2021 for more than $1 billion . As part of the buyout, Gearbox is getting the money, or “rocket fuel,” as the company said, to “fuel Gearbox’s powerful creative engine.” Despite the buyout, 2K Games continues to publish the Borderlands series, including Wonderlands.
- Major Civil Rights Movements in all 50 States
- Democrats take control of the Senate as Ossoff, Warnock claim victory in Georgia
- Augmented Reality, book review: Exploring the attractive and alarming potential of AR
- The best Xbox One games for 2021
- Every modern Hitman level, ranked from worst to best
- The best co-op games for 2021
- The best audiobook apps for Android and iOS in 2021
- Comic-Con 2017 Saturday Schedule Announced
- The Black List 2009: Full Roster
- The best TVs for 2021
- Google Pixel 4a review: The perfect phone for 2020
- Bangladesh v England - day two as it happened
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Cheney keeps leadership post; Dems to punish Greene
- Jared Kushner’s Rise to Unimaginable Power
- FMIA: Amazing, crazy games lead to Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- William Gibson: tomorrow's man
- The Bad, Good Lawyer
- The Wanderlust of Chloe Zhao
- ‘It's like an open prison’: the catastrophe of converting office blocks to homes
- A perfect time for
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Was A "Major Victory" For Gearbox, "Future Experiences" Already In The Works have 429 words, post on www.gamespot.com at September 21, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.