The long-awaited sequel to James Cameron’s Avatar is coming in December, but ahead of that, the original movie is back in theaters for a special remastered re-release. The re-release opens in the US on September 23, but it debuted in some international markets already. People have reported that the film includes a special look at new scenes from The Way of Water.
Avatar’s remastered re-release is out now in France and Korea, and people there reported on social media that the movie ends with a glimpse at the sequel. Intriguingly, it also appears that the Way of Water footage may not be the same in every market and theater, according to Deadline.
The fact that Avatar’s re-release would contain a new look at The Way of Water is no big surprise, as it makes sense to sell the audience on coming back in a few months to watch the sequel.
One person who saw the footage said it was one scene that ran for nearly 10 minutes and showed off more of the underwater worlds of Pandora. This sounds like it could potentially be the same footage, or similar footage, to what was shown at D23.
— Einan (@enteumestay) September 21, 2022
It was one scene but it was almost a 10-minute scene enough to show what the world under the sea of Pandora looks like.
— Einan (@enteumestay) September 22, 2022
2009’s Avatar is the highest-grossing movie in history, with $2.847 billion in global box office receipts . The movie stands to grow further with this newest re-release, giving Avatar even more space ahead of the No. 2 film of all time, Avengers: Endgame ($2.797 billion).
In other Avatar news, Cameron recently discussed how watching Avatar at home doesn’t really count as watching the movie because it’s made to be seen in theaters.
It’s been more than a decade since Avatar was released, and Cameron recently talked about how he isn’t sure if The Way of Water will succeed in theaters . The movie opens in theaters this December.
- Dramatic new footage captures Westfield shoppers being crushed during a midnight balloon drop - as five people are treated in hospital
- Japan: Govt proposes release of Fukushima nuclear plant water to sea or air
- Sugar Land’s proposed budget includes increase in residential water rates, garbage fees
- Justin Bieber releases first new solo single in five years
- Is Zedd Finally Releasing a New Album in 2020?
- Hanukkah stabbing suspect charged with federal hate crimes served in the Marines, reveal his family - as anti-Semitic journals are found in his home and new footage shows him calmly strolling through a bodega hours after attack
- 2020 New Year's Resolution:13 Things You Should Not Do Yourself
- Kate Winslet's Avatar 2 Character Revealed
- Anthony Knott: Missing firefighter in new CCTV sighting on night of disappearance
- 'It's an absolute dream come true!' The Bachelor star Matty 'J' Johnson reveals he is the new host of Channel 10 travel show Luxury Escapes
- Last Airbender Writer and Uncharted Director Working Together On New Game And Show
- Sugar Land residents to see water rate increases in January bill
- Justin Bieber will release a documentary series with YouTube
- Seven EastEnders spoilers for this week including the explosive New Year’s Day hour-long special
- Nintendo Shares New Look at Animal Crossing: New Horizons Island
- Altec Lansing Launches New Speakers Designed to be the Life of the Party
- New surveillance video appears to show 13th anti-Semitic attack in NYC in two weeks
- Inside the monkey tomb: Pictures show burned-out remains of the zoo enclosure where dozens of animals including five orangutans and a 48-year-old gorilla died in New Year's Day fire in Germany
- Justin Bieber teases potential new music as he shares mysterious date and times... just days after announcing album and tour
- Platinum Tax Defenders Releases Reminder That Unpaid Taxes Can Affect International Travel for Taxpayers
Avatar's Re-Release Includes New Footage Of The Way Of Water have 671 words, post on www.gamespot.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.