Humankind is celebrating its first anniversary by giving out hats and turning cities into giant cakes. This sounds like something Lex Luthor would do on his birthday, but who am I to judge? I just drink too much and cry about the inevitability of death.
These hats can be stuck on your custom avatar, and there are new hairstyles to choose from as well. More impressive is the project that allows you to turn your cities into giant celebratory treats. Would Carthage look better as a cake? That’s up to historians to decide.
Old in-game events are also returning, so it’s a good time to hop in and see what you’ve missed. By completing them, you can earn rewards like new avatars and player icons. And if you’ve played through them already, there’s also something new: the 100 Years War scenario, where you’ll fight the English as the Franks on a map of France.
Humankind has also released a couple of culture DLCs since we last checked in, adding a variety of Latin American and African cultures, along with new wonders, independent peoples and narrative events. I haven’t spent much time with it since my Humankind review (opens in new tab) , and there’s not much in the DLCs beckoning me back, but I reinstalled it anyway because of course I want to make city-sized cakes. Technically it’s just the city centre, but that’s still quite a big dessert.
The anniversary event will run until August 22.
- Kerala’s iconic Marxist V S Achuthanandan turns 94
- Ho Chi Minh City youth treat pets as family members
- Sylvia Weinstock dead at 91 – Queen of Cakes and legendary baker passes away in New York City surrounded by family
- Is the Met Opera Too Big? And Other Questions as Its Home Turns 50
- Boris Johnson's 39 U-turns as Prime Minister plunges into chaos over Tory sleaze
- F1 Paddock Diary: Mexico City Grand Prix part two | RaceFans
- Raising a Newborn in Studio City
- Inside Cop26, things are turning a little surreal
- We'll all pay for turning Big Oil into a pariah
- In a Palace of Plenty, Supersize Surprises
- New Infographic Explains the Key Reasons Why Londoners Want To Move Out Of The London
- 8 players who flopped after securing mega-money transfers - including Eden Hazard
- Gotham, in the Former Gotham Bar & Grill Space, Nods to Its Predecessor
- Netflix’s ‘Procession’ Shines a Light on the Horrors of America’s Pedophile Priests
- The Personality Test in Your Closet
- 8,000 km and more: An amateur cyclist pedals his way across India and out of adversity
- The 95 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- Queen Elizabeth news – Her Majesty subjected to crude fart joke when dignitary suggested SHE broke wind not horse
- The Queen ‘will weigh’ Kate Middleton & Prince William after Christmas lunch as part of bizarre tradition
- San Francisco will soon have a new tasting menu spot — with just desserts
Humankind's cities can now be turned into gargantuan cakes have 474 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 17, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.