Dying Light 2: Stay Human has been a big success for developer Techland, shifting well over 5 million copies (opens in new tab) , and the studio’s model as with the original is to support it with DLC for years to come. The first major story DLC (opens in new tab) was delayed until September, but today saw a new tease for ‘Bloody Ties’ and the promise of a full reveal at Gamescom.
There’s not much in the way of press blurb for this, but the keyword definitely appears to be ‘brutal’. Sure enough the teaser shows a rather bulky chap overcoming a zombie via repeated blunt force trauma (which we initially view through a skull’s eyehole). Not exactly sunshine and lollipops, then, but then what does one expect of a location called, ahem, Carnage Hall.
The setup has elements reminiscent of a TV studio, with billboards flashing “All roads lead to Carnage Hall” as the main character stands over the highly stylised warrior skull. The vibe is wholly Smash TV and, if I had to guess, this is going to be some kind of horde-based arena mode where players can receive ever-better rewards for survival. This DLC is explicitly story-based but there’s no reason that it couldn’t revolve around such an element and, with Dying Light 2’s bleak view of humanity’s future and focus on replayability, the setup makes sense.
Techland has already released several updates for the game including a Peacekeeper-themed armor and weapon set , a new game plus mode , and a photo mode (opens in new tab) . This is the first major DLC, however, and we’ll report more details next week from Gamescom.
- Dying Light 2 Story DLC Delayed To September
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human Review: Those pesky zombies are at it again
- Chilling video shows what sinking on the Titanic would really look like
- Dying Light just got the mother of all updates, so I know what I'm playing this weekend
- Carol Vorderman looks like perfection in skintight leggings and fur-lined coat
- Former defense attorney addresses accusations surrounding her for decades: "Do I look like I'm telling a big, fat whopper?"
- South Africa mosque attack looks "like a slaughterhouse," witness said
- Why Kids’ COVID-Vaccine Results Don’t Look Like Adults’
- James Bond: Daniel Craig's No Time To Die release date DELAYED again: For the final time?
- 'Manchester Arena terror attack could have ruined our lives but singing has saved us'
- Prince William's moving tribute to victims of Manchester Arena bombing
- Emmerdale spoilers: All you need to know about killer week – but who dies?
- Emmerdale theory: Moira Barton pregnant as Cain Dingle dies in tragedy
- Reacher season 2: Showrunner teases possibility of returning characters 'Might come back'
- Rape victim and others like her deserve real change
- Lily Allen compares Kylie Jenner's controversial Met Gala wedding look to her own bridal V festival ensemble from 2006
- Google teases future hardware: The Pixel 7, Pixel Tablet, and AR Goggles
- My mum died of COVID-19 in aged care. There are two key things we need to change
- Rammstein at Milton Keynes LIVE review: German rockers thrill in fiery Stadium MK set
- New Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer teases Darth Vader's return
Dying Light 2 teases first major DLC and looks like it's set in an arena have 518 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 17, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.