Multiversus season 1 has just been delayed (opens in new tab) indefinitely, and it couldn’t have come at a worst time. The past few days saw Discovery—who acquired publisher Warner Bros. in April this year—gutting a whole library of television shows and movies.
The news has, rather understandably, left some fans in a bit of a panic about the game’s future. Season 1 was supposed to kick off on August 9, making the delay rather last minute. Concerns have been rife across the game’s two subreddits that it was a sign Discovery was already pulling support on the brawler mere weeks into its release.
Thankfully, game director Tony Huynh has tried to put those concerns to rest. Following the delay announcement, he tweeted to confirm that it was unrelated to the current exodus: “For those wondering, we are unaffected by the Discovery/Warner Bros. merger.”
For those wondering, we are unaffected by the Discovery/Warner Bros. merger. #MultiVersus August 4, 2022
It’s a relief to know that it’s a coincidence rather than a bad omen. After all, Multiversus is a surprisingly good Smashlike. Despite the various kinks that still need to be ironed out, it’s proven to be a huge hit already. The player count (opens in new tab) is in the millions and fans were able to absolutely blast through a three million ringout community challenge in mere hours. It’d be a bummer to see the game vanish so quickly—how else am I gonna absolutely beat the crap out of Shaggy as well-known pacifist robot Iron Giant?
- Trayvon Martin case: Zimmerman laywer's worries over witnesses could delay case
- Jerry Sandusky’s lawyer asks for delay in former Penn State assistant football coach’s child sex-abuse trial
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Eaten Alive’ will show man being swallowed by anaconda
- Worried about your Tesla Model 3 order? Don't panic — yet
- Don't curb New York's teacher tenure lawsuit
- Rush Limbaugh on Sandra Fluke controversy: Advertisers can flee, I don't need them
- San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz on Trump exchange: 'I don't give a (expletive)'
- Jose Reyes unfazed by Brian Cashman's remarks that Yankees don't want shortstop as Jeter's successor
- Patrick Dempsey would rather be racing than acting: 'There’s a purity to it that I don’t find in my work'
- Vaccine timetable for kids is safe ‘by all existing data’; shots don’t cause autism or asthma, panel finds
- Hamilton kids face deportation Tuesday
- As Obamacare choices dwindle, feds face consumer, political backlash
- Asian carp near Lake Michigan must be a 'wake-up call,' lawmakers say
- Putting former DuPont employees back to work
- Why Have Kids? Daily News Google Hangout with author Jessica Valenti on the truth about parenting and happiness
- How Tehran is outflanking Obama
- AMC presents 'Fear the Walking Dead,' a companion show to its hit 'The Walking Dead'
Don't worry, the Multiversus delay has nothing to do with the Discovery exodus have 468 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 4, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.