Barren landscapes form a solemn backdrop here to the Midjourney (opens in new tab) AI’s prediction of what the “last selfie ever taken” will look like. The scenes are bestrewn with untamed fires, and thick, dark smoke permeates the air. Whether that’s wood smoke, industrial pollution, or outright nuclear winter is unclear, but the sinewy figures capturing the moment seem to plead, “help us.”
There are no smiles, or duckface pouting here. Their eyes are hollow, their skin puckered, peeling, or non-existent. In the background is strewn rubble and what I can only guess are bodies. The message is clear: this is where our trajectory will take us if we don’t sort ourselves out.
Not the most positive note to start the day on, but poignant nonetheless.
Midjourney is an AI image generator that allows users to imagine possible futures, alternate timelines, or design kitchy lofi thumbnails. It does so through the use of a a Discord bot, and is free for all to use for a limited time.
User zx_JB posted the above images in the Midjourney Discord channel’s #show-and-tell room, and robotoverloards (opens in new tab) has been posting some of the creepiest predictions on Tiktok, if you’re looking for a deep dive. I clicked off after the first 10 seconds of the top video, so I didn’t end up with nightmares.
With the harrowing thought of these humanoid husks being our ultimate fate filling my brain, I had to get another perspective. Something a little more lighthearted. I joined the Discord (opens in new tab) and had a peruse for something a little more positive.
Having found mostly AI generated cats, cute girls, and whatever ‘nerd guy sad computer Japanese’ was aiming for, I had a go at asking the AI to generate something a bit less alarming.
Typing /imagine Garden cities of the future threw up some gorgeous images, and I’ve upscaled a few—another neat little feature—for your viewing pleasure. I’m sure it’s a welcome vista after that assault on the eyes. And I’m personally more inclined to believe this is what humanity’s future will hold. Maybe I’m just a utopian idealist, but can we at least aim for this first?
On that note, imma go plant a tree.
- How to Make Discord Bot With and Without Coding
- QNAP and ULINK Release AI Tool to Predict Drive Failures
- What Is Discord And Can You Use It For Marketing?
- Hyper-personalization and new-age tech will drive AI-enabled banks
- How AI has given a boost to the chip design ecosystem
- Majority Report: 2022 Predictions on How AI Will Impact Global Industries
- Who invented the selfie?
- Best Mac Photo editor: free and cheap image editors 2021
- Leaders who embrace trust set the bar for new sustainability and AI goals in 2022
- Advancing human exploration: Is space the final frontier, and how can data and AI get us there?
- Liverpool vs. Everton odds, picks: Soccer expert reveals Premier League predictions, bets for Dec. 1, 2021
- Manchester United vs. Arsenal odds, picks: Soccer expert reveals Premier League predictions for Dec. 2, 2021
- Liverpool vs. Wolverhampton odds, picks: Soccer expert reveals Premier League predictions for Dec. 4, 2021
- Duke vs. Ohio State odds, line, spread: 2021 college basketball picks, Nov. 30 predictions from proven model
- Artificial Intelligence in Smartphones: Revolutionary or Just Hype?
- 2 Unstoppable Artificial-Intelligence Stocks to Buy for the New Year
- Top 5 Customer Experience Trends For 2022
- Infinix S5 Review
- Techno-Sceptics' Objection Growing Louder
- 30 Under 30 Retail & Ecommerce 2022: Meet The Young Entrepreneurs Changing The Way We Shop
Discord bot AI image generator predicts the 'last selfie ever taken' have 599 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at August 4, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.