Indiana Jones 5 will be out on June 30, 2023, and its release may be bittersweet for franchise fans. Speaking with the Associated Press , iconic composer John Williams said the movie could be his last score–and revealed that it may also be Harrison Ford’s final film.
“At the moment I’m working on Indiana Jones 5, which Harrison Ford–who’s quite a bit younger than I am–I think has announced will be his last film,” Williams said. “So, I thought: If Harrison can do it, then perhaps I can, also.”
Ford has not made any sort of public statement to this effect. And Williams, who just turned 90 in February, also hedged a bit in the interview. “I don’t want to be seen as categorically eliminating any activity,” Williams said. “I can’t play tennis, but I like to be able to believe that maybe one day I will.”
The 79-year-old Ford, who is known for adopting an irascible persona in public appearances and during media interviews, struck a markedly different tone and appeared visibly emotional during this year’s Star Wars Celebration in paying tribute to Williams . Ford said, “I told John on another occasion… that that music follows me everywhere I go and I’m happy about it.”
The last Indy movie to hit theaters was 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. While the movie didn’t move most people as much as the original films, it grossed $790 million worldwide in the box office. The film scored a 65 on Metacritic, based on 40 reviews.
In addition to Ford, the next Indiana Jones film–which is still untitled–also stars Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mads Mikkelsen, Thomas Kretschmann, Boyd Holbrook, Shaunette Renée Wilson, Toby Jones, Antonio Banderas, and Olivier Richters in undisclosed roles.
- Harrison Ford 'battered but okay' after LA plane crash
- Indonesian minister 'shocked' at Harrison Ford climate interview
- Harrison Ford injured on "Star Wars" set in Britain
- World famous robot films
- New "Star Wars" film to be released on December 18, 2015
- December 2015 release for new 'Star Wars' film
- Curtain rises on first 'Star Wars' film in a decade
- Film looks at life of ex-spymaster William Colby
- Lennon reveals 'torture' of Beatles' final album
- Ben Affleck denies being dropped as Batman
- US conductor to perform at Opera House
- Famous musical works to be staged on Vietnam-US music night
- Vietnam-US music night to open in Ho Chi Minh City
- Stars pour onto Cannes red carpet for festival opening
- 'Star Wars' embraces girl power with new heroine stories
- New 'Star Wars' smashes box-office record
- Spielberg brings Hollywood eye to Cannes Croisette
- Monty Python reunion show sells out in 43.5 seconds
- Disney, Cameron to create theme-park "Avatar"
- 'Star Wars' overtakes 'Jurassic World' for biggest global debut
Indiana Jones 5 May Be John Williams' And Harrison Ford's Final Film have 446 words, post on www.gamespot.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.