Video game companies are being acquired by bigger video game companies at a frightening pace, but it sounds like Rockstar and 2K parent company Take-Two Interactive will remain independent for the time being.
In an interview with IGN , Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick expressed some hesitation about a buyout in general while acknowledging that the interests of the company’s shareholders are most important.
“We’re a public company, and we’re here for the shareholders,” Zelnick said. “That said, our track record of creating value as an independent enterprise is pretty terrific, especially if you exclude the last three months. We think there’s plenty of great times ahead, and we like being an independent organization. But we’re here for the shareholders.”
Take-Two itself recently acquired mobile developer Zynga for an earth-shattering $12.7 billion, which had been the biggest acquisition in the video game industry until Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard for nearly $70 billion. At around the same time Take-Two bought Zynga, Sony announced that it’s purchasing Destiny 2 developer and Halo creator Bungie for $3.6 billon .
Elsewhere in the IGN interview, Zelnick offered that Zynga likely won’t be the last company to be acquired by Take-Two. “We’re looking for creative deals that bring us great intellectual property and great teams, and we’ll continue to do that in the future,” he said.
In other news from the company, Take-Two revealed today that it plans on doubling its rollout of big games over the next year , and it sounds like there will be more Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands games in the future .
- WHO to launch another COVID origin investigation, this time with an independent panel
- WHO mass-testing three potential coronavirus treatments
- Madras on your mind: gear up for the ‘Ancient Madras’ pop-up this Independence Day weekend
- Salmond faces popularity crisis as new party 'tears chunks' from independence movement
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio stresses on conclusion of Naga political issue on Independence day
- Sturgeon dealt fatal blow as independence popularity 'could change days before ballot'
- 20 Cat breeds that are very independent
- Khloe Kardashian's Organizers 'The Home Edit' Announce Second Book: Get Ready for Even More Inspiration!
- NASA's Curiosity rover has found potential signs of ancient life on Mars
- Organic dairies feel squeezed / Lawsuit contests state fees
- Reese Witherspoon, Khloe Kardashian and More Stars Get Amazing Organization Makeovers on New Show
- 'Catastrophe' Independence will leave Scotland £300bn in the red, economist warns Sturgeon
- Mad About Milk: Organic Dairy's Fight Against Fees / Marin County farmer says system is unfair
- Independence Day 2021: Bollywood’s flag-bearers of patriotic cinema, from Manoj Kumar to Akshay Kumar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Independence Day Speech reflects the pulse of a nation raring to go
- Marie Kondo Organizing Method: Tips to Finish KonMari
- Big Tech, Independent Shops Spar Over 'Right to Repair' in US
- Nicola Sturgeon bolsters independence support - Is the SNP heading for Greens coalition?
- In PM Modi’s ‘Chhota Kisan’ Slogan on Independence Day, a Direct Message for UP Farmers
- ‘Like a Mob’: Prosecutors Look at Trump’s Ice Rink Man
Take-Two on a potential buyout: "We like being an independent organization" have 492 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at May 17, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.