According to Konami’s latest financial report for the year ending on March 31, the company recorded its most profitable year ever. The company saw a 10% increase in revenue for the financial year, more than doubling its operating profit to $580.1 million year-on-year. Business profit rose by 25.2% to $626 million and revenue was reported to be $2.3 billion, a 9.9% increase year-on-year.
The main driver for these record numbers was Konami’s digital entertainment sector , specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel. Based on the long-running anime and manga property centered around card games– sometimes on motorcycles –the free-to-play Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel was downloaded over 30 million times on PC, mobile, and consoles.
Combined with the rest of the digital entertainment sector, Konami generated $1.7 billion and profits of $595.9 million. Professional Baseball Spirits and eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyu 2022 were also big hits for Konami in Japan, while its Amusements segment generated $152 million. In the Gaming & Systems side of Konami’s business, revenue was up by 54% in a field that covers casino, pachinko, and arcade machines. Sports was also a big driver of profit, growing by 15.2% to make the company $327.6 million.
Konami didn’t have any numbers to share for eFootball PES 2021 though, as the free-to-play PES replacement had a rough launch last year. Back in November Konami canceled the eFootball 2022 Premium Player Pack and offered refunds to people who already bought it, while also stating that it had been “working diligently” on new patches to bring the game quality back up to standard.
Other Japanese companies have reported solid financial years as well over the last few days. Capcom is predicting that the 2022-23 financial year will be its biggest yet, Sony has sold more than 19 million PS5 units so far , and Nintendo announced that lifetime Switch sales have now reached 107.65 million units as of March 31 .
- American Airlines Group Reports First-Quarter 2019 Profit
- Bryce Dallas Howard always 'thanks' the set after filming
- Letters to the Editor: We need to thank teachers every day
- WeWork Rival Expects Profitability in Q1 2020
- Families enjoy Royal Scoop's final egg hunt after 25 years
- Apple Rush Announces Fiscal Year 2018 Results
- Holocaust survivor meets ex-GI: 'You gave me my life'
- 75 years after D-Day, veteran still wonders why he was spared
- How Will Movies (As We Know Them) Survive the Next 10 Years?
- Elder care homes rake in profits as workers earn a pittance
- 3rd Wettest Year To Date at MSP
- Stonewall 25: Oh My Papi
- Iowa Teacher: 'Oh my gosh, he just tried to shoot me'
- Selena Gomez thanks cousin for making her strong
- Oh Hi, Mark!
- Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (NYSE:ETH) Pays A 1.1% In Just 3 Days
- Arizona's most valuable companies made big profits in 2018
- Why Your Marijuana Coverage Is Terrible (and Not Just on 4/20)
- Doyel: Don't do what I did. Take the time to thank a teacher.
- Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) Pays A 0.7% In Just 4 Days
Konami Just Had Its Most Profitable Year Ever, Thanks Mostly To Yu-Gi-Oh have 470 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.