In the first season of Paramount +’s Halo TV series, Master Chief (Pablo Schreiber) has sex, a moment that generated a lot of discussion and debate online. Halo’s Kiki Wolfkill has now shed some further light on the intimate moment, saying the creative team on the show went back and forth on the idea.
“There was a lot of conversation leading up to whether to do that or not and it was a tough one. I mean, I will say that there’s a lot of different opinions and voices,” she told Deadline .
From Wolfkill’s own perspective, she believes Chief and Makee (Charlie Murphy) hooking up was an important moment to demonstrate that Chief was capable of having a “human connection with someone.”
“There’s a lot of different opinions on how to do that, and ultimately, we ended up with that path and I think a lot of us feel conflicted about it and that’s not a bad thing,” Wolfkill said.
Wolfkill went on to say that Chief and Makee going to bed together helped make Chief’s storyline and character arc more genuine and believable. Whereas Chief begins Season 1 as a soldier through and through, he becomes a “fully defined character” along the way, in part by sleeping with Makee.
“It’s super interesting to be able to see his journey, and you know, admittedly some controversy along the way in getting there,” Wolfkill said.
Going into Season 2, Wolfkill said she hopes the audience can “rise beyond” that sexy moment and appreciate Chief for all that he is. And once again, Wolfkill reminded everyone that the Halo TV series sits within the Silver Timeline, which is separate from the games. As such, the TV series will sometimes show Chief in a different light than the games and books. After all, Chief also removes his helmet in the TV show, which is something he never does in the games.
The Halo TV show’s Season 1 finale debuted today, May 19. The series is coming back for a second season, but no release date or other details have been announced yet.
- Showtime's 'Halo' Series Will Feature Master Chief
- Spielberg's Halo TV Series Starts Filming This Fall
- ‘Halo’ Series Will Tell New Story, Master Chief Will Serve As Main Protagonist
- Pablo Schreiber to star as Master Chief for Showtime's Halo TV series
- ‘Halo’ Showtime TV Series Will Include Master Chief
- Showtime's Halo TV Series Will Feature Master Chief in a Leading Role
- Master Chief Is Getting A Makeover For Halo: Infinite
- Master Chief will be the lead character in Showtime's Halo series
- 'Halo' TV Series Finds New Director
- Showtime's 'Halo' TV Series Adds Second Showrunner (Exclusive)
- Steven Spielberg Halo TV Series Could Potentially Film Later This Year
- Director Rupert Wyatt Explains Why He Left the Long-Developing 'Halo' TV Series
- Love Island forced to deny Amber Gill and Greg O’Shea have SEX
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Steven Spielberg's HALO Series Will Tell a Brand New Story But Master Chief Will Be The Star
- Pablo Schreiber to Play Master Chief in Showtime's 'Halo' Live-Action Series
- Pablo Schreiber Has Been Cast as Master Chief in Showtime's HALO Series
- Master Chief Returns in HALO INFINITE Announcement Trailer
- Daily Podcast: Spider-Man 3 Title Ideas, Indiana Jones 5, Halo TV Series, DC Universe, Stephen King and Top Gun 2 – /Film
- 'Veep' Boss Breaks Down All Those Surprising Time-Jump Endings
Halo TV Boss Discusses Master Chief Having Sex For The First Time have 561 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.