Watch Dogs Legion will no longer be updated, Ubisoft has said, and the game’s current multiplayer season will be its last.
The game’s fifth and final multiplayer season, which began at the weekend, will now be followed by repeats of seasons three, four and five on a cycle until servers are eventually switched off.
Set in a bleak post-Brexit London, Watch Dogs Legion arrived for PC, PlayStation and Xbox in October 2020 to lukewarm reviews. It has since received a selection of extra modes and characters (including one which is a neat Assassin’s Creed crossover ), a story expansion starring Watch Dogs 1 protagonist Aiden Pearce , plus a standalone zombies experience in Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead .
Legion hasn’t lacked in post-launch support, then, but I wonder if Ubisoft had initially planned more. The official Watch Dogs Legion site has a “Year 1” tab detailing all of the above content – but it won’t get a Year 2, unlike the more popular Assassin’s Creed Valhalla , released around the same time.
Watch Dogs Legion creative director Clint Hocking has moved on, meanwhile, and is reportedly heading up a game team building a future Assassin’s Creed project to be folded into Ubisoft’s upcoming Assassin’s Creed Infinity.
— Watch Dogs: Legion (@watchdogsgame) January 21, 2022
“Yes, it’s fun to pootle around London,” Vikki Blake wrote in Eurogamer’s Watch Dogs Legion review . “Yes, it’s exciting to step past the roped-off areas and explore such iconic landmarks and yes, I did enjoy it the more I played, particularly when I leapt off the predictable story path and made my own entertainment.
“But without a compelling story or any tangible improvements to the mighty standards set by Watch Dogs 2, Watch Dogs Legion is dark and unpleasant in more ways than one, and it doesn’t matter how many protagonists a game boasts if you’re unable to care about a single one of them.”
- Update: Ubisoft partnering with Sony on Watch Dogs movie
- Watch Dogs 2 has a new protagonist, new hacks, and a new setting
- Watch: Dog's Super Volleyball Skills Sends Twitter Into Frenzy
- Winter Storm Warning, Watch Issued For CT, Updated Snow Totals
- Carrie Symonds sent baby scans to Boris Johnson's hospital bed while he watched Withnail and I and played Sudoku as No10 says PM is 'back on his feet'
- China Will No Longer Classify Dogs as Livestock, Marking Push Toward Dog Meat Ban: Reports
- Riverdale's Lili Reinhart's dog Milo is 'okay' and recovering from surgery after being attacked by a dog 10 times his size
- Dogs Trust ‘overwhelmed’ with requests for pets to keep nation company during coronavirus lockdown
- Dogs in China to be reclassified as pets due to coronavirus pandemic
- Ever wondered what your dog is dreaming about? Here's the answer...
- Lili Reinhart Shares Happy Update About Her Dog Milo After His Emergency Surgery Following Attack
- The Voice of Goofy Lets Real-Life Hero Dogs Speak For Themselves in New Disney+ Series
- Johnny Depp's dogs: their only crime was being born into a life of privilege
- Research Scientist Changing the Fate of Lab Animals By Adopting Out Dogs After Testing
- Onions, Grapes, Beer, Nuts and All the Other Foods Your Dog Should Never Eat
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard record awkward video apology over dogs
- Coronavirus: Cyprus man used drone to walk dog during COVID-19 lockdown
- Lili Reinhart Says Dog Is Recovering After Surgery Following "Terrifying" Attack
- Saved from the 'monster puppy': Tiny Russian girl rescues cat being attacked by dog (and both are nearly as big as she is)
- What to watch this weekend? Laugh in the face of a lockdown with The Death of Stalin
Watch Dogs Legion will no longer be updated have 684 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.