Astrology and finance rarely go together, with the former concerned with the stars and the latter on cold hard numbers.
However, studies show the best way to save money is to make it a habit , and building this into your everyday routine (like checking your horoscope in the morning) can turn you from frivolous spender to successful saver.
Willpower is great for keeping you on track, but most people need a nudge to help them put away cash, whether that's an automated service to reduce the 'pain of paying' or a savings calendar that tells you what to save and when.
In that sense, there's a way to make the wildly different fields of astrology and money more natural bedfellows – timing your deposits to match up with the zodiac.
We've created a savings challenge to make reading your daily horoscope work for you, with suggested amounts to put away depending on the positioning of celestial bodies. If you stick to it religiously, you could end 2022 £1,500 richer.
There's no obligation to save these specific amounts (as not everyone's income and situation will allow for this) nor is it a technique based on chance or interpretation. Instead, think of it as an almanac that promotes good saving habits alongside a little stargazing.
If you'd like to get involved, here's what to do:
Astrology savings planner for 2022
To let the stars guide your savings, we've compiled a list of some of the most significant events in the astrological calendar.
For each one, put away the amount suggested if you can, or choose amounts that suit your income.
It's best to input these dates into your calendar where possible. This will save you needing to check and help you 'automate' the process, taking away your requirement to remember with visual reminders.
Think about printing off the above calendar, too, and sticking it on your fridge or somewhere you'll regularly be reminded of your savings goals.
Where you choose to put the money – whether it's into a bank account, a physical cash jar, or into your investments – is totally up to you.
As well as saving £1,500 by the end of the year, you'll be staying up-to-date with your celestial comings and goings.
Below are the dates and amounts, with some descriptions of the events themselves and how they affect you.
Mercury retrograde: £50 each
Mercury retrograde is when the planet appears to be going backwards in relation to the sun, which it normally orbits every 88 days.
As the planet that governs travel, communication, and technology, astrologers believe that when it's in retrograde mercury has a tendency to scupper plans and put logic and organisation into spin.
Rather than letting it get you down, use this time to take control of your finances, putting away £50 each time a mercury retrograde begins. There are four in 2022:
- January 14
- May 10
- September 9
- December 29
Lunar New Year: £200
The Lunar New Year is sometimes referred to as Chinese New Year, and represents the start of the year based on the moon (rather than the sun which our Gregorian calendar is based on).
This year, it falls on the same day as Imbolc, a wiccan and pagan festival that celebrates life force, fertility and new growth, as winter draws to a close.
It's a time to manifest and decide what you want the coming months to look like – and the perfect opportunity to make a big deposit into your stash.
- February 1
Your sign's season begins: £100
The star sign you fall under is based on the date you were born, and when this comes around annually it's known as your 'season' beginning.
When yours crops up it means your birthday is near, so save what you can to keep hold of that prosperity.
There are the dates for each sign, so make sure to put your specific one into your calendar:
- Aquarius : January 21
- Pisces : February 19
- Aries : March 21
- Taurus : April 20
- Gemini : May 21
- Cancer : June 21
- Leo : July 23
- Virgo : August 23
- Libra : September 23
- Scorpio : October 23
- Sagittarius : November 22
- Capricorn : December 21
Full moon in your sign: £100
Similarly, there's a full moon in each sign during the year.
According to astrology, a full moon amplifies the feelings of the sign it's in. For example, a full moon in Pisces can increase empathy, while one in Virgo helps us tap into their organised nature.
When the full moon is in your zodiac sign, put £100 (or what you can afford) into your savings. Here are the dates:
- Full Moon in Cancer: January 17
- Full Moon in Leo: February 16
- Full Moon in Virgo: March 18
- Full Moon in Libra: April 16
- Full Moon in Scorpio: May 16
- Full Moon in Sagittarius: June 14
- Full Moon in Capricorn: July 13
- Full Moon in Aquarius: August 11
- Full Moon in Pisces: September 10
- Full Moon in Aries: October 9
- Full Moon in Taurus: November 8
- Full Moon in Gemini: December 7
Equinox: £50 each
Equinox is the time that the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of approximately equal length. It happens once in spring and once in autumn, marking the beginning of the new seasons.
They also represent fresh starts, so harness that power to get a hold of your finances and save some money:
- March 20
- September 23
Solstice: £50 each
In contrast, solstice is when the sun appears to reach its most northerly or southerly excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere.
This also happens twice a year, with the summer solstice marking the 'longest day' (as this is when we get the most light) and the winter the shortest.
Put £50 away on these dates:
- June 21
- December 21
Venus retrograde ends: £200
Venus – the planet that rules love and beauty – goes retrograde once every 18 months, and like when mercury does the same this tends to create chaos (although with more of a focus on interpersonal relationships).
Celebrate the end of the turmoil by saving a large chunk. Who knows, you may need it after a break-up.
- January 29
Mars retrograde begins: £200
A mars retrograde occurs around every 26 months for roughly two-and-a-half months at a time.
With one on the way this October promising to strip us of drive and decision-making powers, mitigate its effects by saving for a rainy day.
- October 30
Total Lunar Eclipse: £50 each
It's bad news for Scorpio and Taurus savers (or good, depending on how you look at things) as the full moons in your signs are also total lunar eclipses. You can either choose to put away double on these dates, or forgo them if you cant afford a bumper save.
These lunar eclipses transpire when the full moon opposes the Sun at the same degree of the zodiac sign on the ecliptic, and with both 2022 events in fixed earth signs, they'll mean taking a no-nonsense approach.
- May 16
- November 8
Jupiter conjunct Mercury: £100
In 2022, jupiter forms a conjunction with mercury, the planet of travel, which astrologer Kerry King says 'is a super date to think about travelling, broadening your horizons, going on a special outing.'
Save some cash on this date to fund your wanderlust.
- March 21
Mercury conjunct the Sun in Cancer: £100
This astrological event will see you ruminating on the past and give you a huge hit of nostalgia.
While it's beneficial to learn lessons from previous mistakes, try not to get stuck in your head. Take it as an opportunity to look forward, building on the positives and encouraging growth.
- July 16
Everything you need to know about your star sign
How long it could take you to save your goal amount
How much you’d like to save £
It will take you to save the total amount
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected] .
- Try our 2020 fiver saving challenge to put away £6,890 by the end of the year
- Prepare to blow away the competition with this week's 'Fortnite' challenge guide
- Gemini September horoscope 2021: What's in store for Gemini this month?
- Virgo relationship horoscope: 2021 love prediction and compatible signs to ‘keep around'
- Horoscopes: Russell Grant shares your weekly horoscope - what's in store for you?
- Horoscope Today, September 8, 2021: Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus, and other signs — check astrological prediction
- Horoscope today, Sunday August 29: Daily guide to what your star sign has in store for your zodiac dates
- Horoscope today, Tuesday August 31: Daily guide to what your star sign has in store for your zodiac dates
- Mum reveals how to save £1k in time for Christmas now there’s only 16 weeks until the big day
- Savings warning as Britons face £7,000 ‘shortfall’ - act to secure ‘financial security’
- Seven ways to save £2,300 before Christmas including free money from your bank
- How to boost your savings as over half of all Brits don’t think they’ll be financially free
- The Challenge's Tori Hall Marries Lawyer Dusty Gwinn 1 Month After Getting Engaged
- The Challenge Favorites Jenna Compono and Zach Nichols Are Engaged!
- Woman shares genius saving hack that could help you pocket almost £5,000 per year
- Daily horoscope for August 24: Your star sign reading, astrology and zodiac forecast
- Daily horoscope for August 31: Your star sign reading, astrology and zodiac forecast
- Daily horoscope for August 28: Your star sign reading, astrology and zodiac forecast
- Horoscopes: Russell Grant's weekly horoscope - what can you expect this week?
- Libra September horoscope 2021: What's in store for Libra this month?
Put away £1,500 just by following your horoscope with our 2022 astrological savings challenge have 1664 words, post on metro.co.uk at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.