The infamous, long-ago cancelled Star Wars 1313 has surfaced again, this time via a chunk of previously-unseen gameplay featuring Boba Fett.
A fresh video featuring footage of the bounty hunter was uploaded to YouTube today – well timed with the ongoing release of The Book of Boba Fett show!
The gameplay chunk is very Uncharted – which perhaps isn’t a surprise considering it was worked on by Uncharted creative director Amy Hennig. It shows Fett exploring a market area of Coruscant, before embarking on a rooftop platforming chase. (Hey, couldn’t he just use his jetpack?)
The footage was surfaced by The Vault , a video games archive project which has previously dug up footage of the similarly-cancelled Star Wars Battlefield 3.
Star Wars 1313 would have opened with a younger Boba Fett on Tatooine (again, very Book of Boba Fett…). Set between the prequels and the original trilogy, Fett would buddy up with a new droid partner and gain his armour until he’d arrived at his classic costume.
Later stages of the game would have taken Fett to run-down sections of Coruscant, where he would investigate its various crime families. Tauntaun smuggling would also have been part of the game’s story.
Star Wars 1313 was first announced back at E3 2012, but it was placed on hold the following year following the Disney buy-out of Lucasfilm . Later that year, Disney announced it had ended internal game development at LucasArts, cancelling the 1313 and other Star Wars projects.
- Star Wars Day: Here are 6 ways to celebrate #MayThe4th
- Lightsaber heels, BB-8 purse, Darth Vader dress: ‘Star Wars’ merchandise attracting more women
- Star Wars is struggling to win over the next generation of kids
- How World War II Almost Broke American Politics
- Rash Report: 'Peace,' remembrance of the Korean War
- All the May the 4th Events Happening in San Antonio
- The Weekend in WNY: Hanson, Strictly Hip hit Kleinhans
- Arctic Valley Revisited: Remembering teen life on Ft. Rich in the 60s and 70s
- A new moon race is on. Is China already ahead?
- Ghosts of Obies Past
- Memorial Day 2019: Research reveals WWII veteran's journey
- Ron Howard crafts an emotional tribute to Pavarotti
- 'The greatest broadcast in television history'
- The Making of a YouTube Radical
- Review: ‘Pavarotti’ hits all the right notes
- Shady deals, corruption of ethics leaves us a poorer state
- Review: ‘Madden NFL 20’ goes through the motions
- Nothing new, but longtime Madden fans will love it
- Community policing homeless areas of Concord in search of answers more than criminals
- POLITICO Playbook: What Trump told Chuck Todd
Previously-unseen Star Wars 1313 Boba Fett gameplay surfaces have 408 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 27, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.