Nintendo is launching a Tetris 99 crossover event with Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
The Maximus Cup event will run for a limited time from 20th January until 24th January.
Once players accumulate 100 points, they’ll receive a new theme featuring art, music and Tetrimino designs based on the new Pokémon adventure.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) January 18, 2022
This is the latest collaboration event to hit the puzzle battle royale game, following a Metroid Dread theme last year to celebrate the return of Samus Aran.
It’s also not the first time that Pokémon and Tetris have collaborated, as Pokémon Mini Shock Tetris was released for the Pokémon Mini console back in 2002.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus is due for release on 28th January, just after this Tetris 99 event. It’s still somewhat shrouded in mystery, but we got a look at the latest trailer just recently.
- Nintendo revives ’80s-era console to attract Donkey Kong fans
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Nintendo gives sneak geek peek at new portable console
- Tetris turns 30: how the Soviet Union created a world-class puzzle game
- Game on: Nintendo eyes expansion into film business
- Pokemon Go eludes cloning attempts by big game studios: executives
- Nintendo says to launch Super Mario Run Android version in March
- Trung Nguyen Legend Capsules capture quintessence of three coffee cultures
- Trung Nguyen Legend Capsules capture quintessence of three global coffee cultures
- Trung Nguyen Legend Capsule captures quintessence of three global coffee cultures
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 11/12
- Pokémon Go now welcomes trainers in Vietnam
- Ouya scores Xiaomi partnership to take games to China
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 23/8
- Apple delays release of first original series 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Social News 15/5
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 10-20 (daily updated)
- Vietnam’s haunted haunts are no Halloween joke
Nintendo announces Tetris 99 crossover with Pokémon Legends: Arceus have 334 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.