Forget Call of Duty: Warzone and Bloodborne – the next-gen upgrade we really want is here.
My Friend Peppa Pig’s PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S upgrades are now available for free, and they make last year’s family-friendly hit game really pop.
Look! There’s an actual My Friend Peppa Pig next-gen upgrade trailer below:
PS5 enhancements include DualSense controller and activity card support, faster loading times and, get this: a quality mode that lets you run the game at a native 4K resolution.
If you don’t fancy that, you can try Peppa in performance mode, which runs the game at 60fps and 1080p resolution.
Xbox Series X and S enhancements include faster loading times, quick resume support and the performance mode (60fps on Xbox Series X and S in 1080p) and the quality mode (native 4K on Xbox Series X). That’s right – the poor old Xbox Series S isn’t powerful enough to run Peppa Pig in 4K.
And no console, it seems, is powerful enough to run Peppa Pig at 4K and 60fps.
(I haven’t pitched the peeps at Digital Foundry on a Peppa Pig face-off yet. Will do next week.)
My Friend Peppa Pig has a “very positive” user review score on Steam, where it’s enjoyed a number of ironically positive reviews. There are some non-ironically positive reviews, too.
So! We live in a world where battle royale behemoth Call of Duty: Warzone doesn’t have a native next-gen upgrade, but a Peppa Pig game does.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers – not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.
- Madden 21 is at its lowest-ever price on PS4 and Xbox One – plus you get a free next-gen upgrade
- Judge orders Google to reveal Russian oligarch's son's emails as his mother battles to get hold of £450m settlement including £350 luxury yacht in Britain's biggest ever divorce
- The Crown's artistic licence gets MORE outrageous: Episodes 5 to 10 claim Australia's PM likened the Queen to a 'pig', Charles was emotionally abusive and Thatcher begged the monarch to dissolve parliament - but is there any truth in it?
- The Last Of Us Part 2 Could Get A PS5 Upgrade
- From tricky teens to much loved grandparents: Get ALL their presents sorted NOW with our ultimate Christmas gift guide
- Get Xbox Series X games for less in these early Cyber Monday deals
- Madden 21 PS5 And Xbox Series X Upgrades Detailed, And They Sound Impressive
- Apple iPad (8th-gen, 2020) review: The best iPad value by far
- Save $600 on a Sony 4K LED TV that's one of our favorites for next-gen gaming
- Can’t get an Xbox Series X over Black Friday? It might be best to wait
- Star Wars: Squadrons Update Adds New Map, PS5 And Xbox Series X|S Upgrades
- These Black Friday QLED deals will help you get one of the best Samsung TVs for less
- Xiaomi's next flagship phone could feature a major display upgrade
- Online coaching ‘all-weather friend’ of students, here to stay: Experts
- Sony's pocket-friendly Xperia 5 is more than £200 off for Black Friday
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series full specs and features get leaked
- The Oculus Quest 2 may eventually get exclusive games, after all
- Google Pay gets a huge overhaul with a new design and cashback rewards
- Thanks a million, George! Meet the 14 lucky men Clooney surprised by giving them EACH $1m in cash. Here are their stories – from the buddy who does his hair to the one who pet-sat his pig… and the model's husband so rich he gave it all away
- Best toy advent calendars for Christmas 2020 kids will love opening this December
My Friend Peppa Pig gets the next-gen upgrade it deserves have 637 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.