According to Japanese publication Nikkan Gendai and spotted by Kotaku , Sega’s Judgment series of games may be getting a live-action TV adaptation for Asahi Television, the flagship station of the All-Nippon News Network. The show’s working title is Sabakarezaru, which means “The Unjudged” when translated, similar to how Lost Judgment’s full title in Japan is Lost Judgment: Sabakarezaru Kioku or “Unjudged Memory.”
The series will reportedly star Takuya Kimura, who lent his likeness and voice to Judgment and last year’s sequel. If you haven’t played the games, both of them center around former attorney Takayuki Yagami, who becomes a private investigator in Tokyo’s Kamurocho district. Both games feature heavy themes and deep mysteries, such as Lost Judgment’s plot that focused on bullying, high school suicide, and a murder mystery that threatened to topple the Japanese legal system.
Each game features an episodic structure and plenty of plot development between rounds of acrobatic action, which would make a translation to television series that much easier. As for the future of the Judgment series, it appears to be in an uncertain phase right now. Back in July, it was reported that Lost Judgment could very well be the last game in the franchise due to a conflict over Kimura’s likeness rights and a disagreement on bringing the game over to PC that was being waged between the actor’s talent agency and Sega.
Developer Ryu Ga Gotoku still has other projects in development though, which include a new IP and a sequel to 2020’s Yakuza: Like a Dragon . Those projects will move ahead without some of its most influential figures though, as Toshihiro Nagoshi and Daisuke Sato have left the company .
- Daniel Dae Kim confirms he'll play Fire Lord Ozai in Netflix's live-action series Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Avatar The Last Airbender: Why have creators quit Netflix ATLA live action series?
- Cowboy Bebop Review: Netflix’s Live-Action Remake Is Good Pulp Fiction, Middling Drama
- The Live-Action ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Takes an Anime Classic Into the Stratosphere
- Ben Stiller, Cate Blanchett to star in ‘The Champions’ adaptation
- Netflix Casts Roles For One Piece Live-Action Adaptation
- Netflix's Live-Action Avatar: The Last Airbender Show Has Started Filming
- Okay, sure: Netflix is making a live-action version of long-running pirate cartoon One Piece
- S'porean actor Lim Kay Siu to star in Netflix live-action series 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'
- Halo TV series trailer teases Spielberg's live-action adaptation of Xbox's Master Chief
- 'Clifford the Big Red Dog' Review: The Agreeable Version of a CGI-Critter-Meets-Live-Action Diversion
- 'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot to play Evil Queen in Disney's live-action Snow White
- Netflix reveals Straw Hats cast for upcoming One Piece live-action show
- Saturday Night Live vet Kenan Thompson will host the 2021 People's Choice Awards: 'I'm beyond blessed... good times!'
- Netflix movie recommendations for November: Detective Pikachu, Passing and MORE
- The Larkins Tim Fisher star speaks out future series ‘We don’t know yet’
- Wheel of Time: A great beginning for those who’ve waited for an adaptation
- Shetland’s Alison O’Donnell opens up on growing close to co-star ‘Means so much to me’
- Where Misfits stars are now - Mamma Mia split, famous brother and Hollywood fame
- The Wheel of Time writer details key scenes cut from Amazon adaptation: 'Tricky balance'
Judgment Actor Will Reportedly Star In Live-Action TV Adaptation Of Sega Detective Series have 543 words, post on www.gamespot.com at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.