Halo Infinite players hoping to be reimbursed for XP lost during the shooter’s recent server outages have been told that developer 343 Industries does not “have the ability to give or replace the XP boosts”.
While many games experience issues with server downtime from time to time, the problem has proven to be particularly egregious for Halo: Infinite players as XP boosters in the game work in real-time rather than in-game. That means that if you enable a booster token just before the server goes down for an hour, there’s nothing you can do – the booster will continue to tick down and be used up even if the server’s offline.
“We appreciate your patience on this issue,” explains an email from a Halo support representative, which was then shared publicly on the Halo subreddit (thanks, PCGN ).
“While we do not have the ability to give or replace the XP boosts you’ve lost during the server outage, we want to inform you that access to Halo Infinite servers is now restored. If you are still having trouble getting into matches, please restart the game and try again.”
“The double XP token system is just bad, needs to be time spent in match,” opined one unhappy commenter . “That would fix all the issues at hand. “Hell I'd probably even consider buying them. As it is now why would I spend money on boosts that includes when I spend time in lobby, loading matches and server crashes…”
There has been better news this weekend for Halo fans, though. 343 Industries recently confirmed that from Season 2, players will be able to earn Credits as part of its battle pass system . It will be welcomed news for players who have, up until now, only been able to unlock Credits – the only in-game currency players can use to purchase items from the store, including skins – as real-cash microtransactions.
That’s not all, either. 343 Industries’ head of design Jerry Hook, also said last week the studio had been “monitoring the discussions” about the game’s shop and microtransactions and had imminent plans to be “reducing pricing across the board” .
“We've been monitoring the discussions on the Shop, bundles, and pricing closely since launch,” Hook said at the time. “Using data and community feedback, we're going to begin rolling out changes to how we package and price items in Halo Infinite.
“We will be trying new things throughout the rest of the season so that we can continue to learn and improve for the future,” Hook later added in a follow-up tweet.
Halo Infinite weapons | Halo Infinite equipment | Halo Infinite Tenrai event | How to level up fast in Halo Infinite | Halo Infinite Battle Pass | Halo Infinite ranks in order | Halo Infinite controller settings | Halo Infinite KD tracker and player records | Halo Infinite Fiesta matches | Halo Infinite killing spree | Halo Infinite crashing on PC | Halo Infinite User is Banned | When do Halo Infinite challenges reset?
- Halo Infinite: Release Date, Trailer, News, and More | Digital Trends
- Games Inbox: Call Of Duty 2021 delay, The Ascent co-op, and Halo Infinite Technical Preview details
- Expect Halo Infinite's Beta To Have Hiccups -- Known Issues So Far
- Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare review – finite appeal
- Apple Reports Record March Quarter Results, Splits Stock 7-for-1, and Boosts Share Buyback
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 review – something lost, something gained
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series S | Digital Trends
- Games Inbox: GTA Online 2 vs. GTA 6, eFootball worries, and Microsoft Flight Simulator appreciation
- Weekend Hot Topic, part 1: Least favourite video game genre
- 5 Gaming Trends We Saw at E3 2018 | Digital Trends
- Apple's new macOS Mojave optimizes the Mac for iOS users, not PC switchers
- The search for Apple's next big thing
- Pokémon Go: One year later review
- Editorial: What WWDC 2013 tells us about Apple
- HTG Reviews The Kindle Fire HDX: Amazon Finally Releases a Tablet Worth Talking About
- Fastly Inc. (FSLY) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- The Next Olympics Mascot Might Have Been a Mutant Morning Glory
- Improbable founder's battle to transform the world of video games
- What Apple, Inc. gets from its new iOS partnership with IBM
- The Internet Is Rotting
Halo Infinite developer does not "have the ability to give or replace" XP boosts lost during server outages have 682 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.