Disney and Tencent have announced Avatar: Reckoning, a new MMORPG set on Pandora for iOS and Android devices due for launch this year.
You’ll be able to play Avatar: Reckoning in three modes: via single-player story missions, PVP or co-op, as you explore “never-before-seen parts” of Avatar’s world.
“Meet new Na’vi clans fighting to defend their home, battle powerful RDA troops seeking to exploit the resources of the moon, and encounter spectacular alien creatures,” a press release today boasted.
There’s no footage yet, just this singular piece of artwork. Chinese studio Archosaur Games, which made World of Kings and Naval Creed, is on development duties.
The Avatar “franchise” began more than 12 years ago, when James Cameron’s 2009 space epic earned nearly $3bn at the box office as everyone went to go try out their 3D specs.
This December, the first of several continually-delayed film sequels is set to arrive. A third film has also already been shot, and there are plans for a fourth and fifth outings.
Of course, Avatar: Reckoning is not the only upcoming Avatar game. The Division developer Massive Entertainment has long been working on its own adventure, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora . Its release is expected at some point before March 2023.
- You May Not Care About Avatar, But Its New Theme Park Is a Glimpse Into Disney's Future
- Top Gun 2, Star Wars, Avatar, Spider-Man get NEW release dates: Mulan delayed indefinitely
- Marvel, Hulu, 'The Simpsons' and 'Star Wars' is just the beginning for Disney
- Black Widow release date DELAYED in Disney reshuffle as No Time To Die holds to November
- Get Ready for Even More 'Avatar' Sequels
- 15 Disney characters who don't count as official princesses
- Disney Parks Are Closing, But Online Ride-Throughs Remain Open and Excellent
- Disney Puts A Slew Of Dates On Hold For ‘Jungle Book 2’, ‘Maleficent 2’, ‘Dumbo’, ‘Cruella’ & More
- What does Disney's Pinewood deal mean for Marvel, Bond and British film?
- Ubisoft's E3 2021: Everything about Avatar, Far Cry 6, Rainbow Six Extraction and more
- Richa Chadha Set To Play Investigating Officer In Tigmanshu Dhulia's Six Suspects
- Angelina Jolie & Christoph Waltz may star in the upcoming 'Every Note Played'
- The 2020-21 NBA Season In Review And A Look Ahead
- Thanks, Endgame, Now Spider-Man: Far From Home Is Doing Its Own Weird Theatrical Re-Release
- Sea Limited (SE) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Here Are All the Games That Support Nvidia’s RTX Ray Tracing | Digital Trends
- WeTV Celebrates Third Year of International Presence with Impactful Strategy to Expand Global User Base
- Nexon sets sights on 10 new 'super' franchises
- Battlegrounds Mobile Launch: Arunachal MLA Writes To PM Modi, Calling for Ban on PUBG Alternative
- Facebook Wants Us to Live in the Metaverse
Disney and Tencent announce Avatar MMORPG have 429 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.