With only a couple of months to go until the launch of Gran Turismo 7 – be still my heart that beats like a piston – Polyphony Digital is revealing some more of what to expect, including a return of an iconic circuit last seen in 2013’s Gran Turismo 6. Which is to say that Daytona International Speedway is back.
You might know the circuit from its slightly fanciful appearance in Sega’s Daytona USA, and while that game remains an all-time great I regret to inform you that the real thing isn’t overlooked by a cliff with Sonic etched into its face, nor is there a playable slot machine on the bridge over the back straight. But!
The real thing plays host to top tier events such as NASCAR’s big ticket Daytona 500, as well as the Daytona 24 Hours for slightly more cultured motorsport fans. The real-life event takes place at the end of January and has traditionally marked the start of the motorsport calendar, with the round-the-clock race playing host to multiple classes of sportscar – and all of which should provide an ample workout for the returning dynamic time and weather conditions we’re expecting in Gran Turismo 7 when it launches on March 4th later this year.
It also plays host to next weekend’s virtual Daytona 24 Hours in iRacing, which I’m busily prepping for by launching LMP2 cars off the newly profiled chicane that appeared in this week’s big update. Here’s hoping those big fat floortray killing sausage kerbs don’t make it into Polyphony Digital’s take on Daytona.
- Football Manager 2021: How Cherno Samba, Freddy Adu and other legends of the game fared in real life
- Real-life stars to compete in $10k All-Star NASCAR Heat event
- I left school at 15 and battled cancer, now I’m worth £10m and star in Real Housewives of Cheshire
- David Beckham 'is earning more by appearing as an icon in FIFA21 than he did playing football after signing £40m deal with the video game'
- Selling Sunset's Christine Quinn nails Christina Aguilera's iconic Dirrty outfit with cheeky cutout leather chaps
- WWE icon The Undertaker and the amazing pictures that reveal why retiring wrestling icon has BSK tattoo on his stomach
- IFC’s ‘Stardust’ Brings Magic Of David Bowie, ‘Zappa’ Docu Explores Life Of Experimental Rocker – Thanksgiving Specialty Preview
- Children in Need's most-loved moments as iconic BBC telethon turns 40
- The great pandemic-era return to the nest is proving hard on young adults and parents
- BBC announces The Vicar of Dibley will return this Christmas for string of special lockdown episodes
- The Vicar of Dibley’s most hilarious moments as beloved BBC sitcom returns with Christmas special miniseries
- David Tennant signs up for Doctor Who spin-off series Dalek Universe tracking years before the last Time War
- Queen's Gambit is smart and sexy - but the real power move? The hair
- Yes, our loved ones REALLY came back to us as animals! Don't scoff - just like Paul McCartney, these women truly believe their deceased family members returned as birds and bugs
- Pop supergroup Steps officially announce their comeback with the help of Abba legends Benny and Bjorn who penned a track for FIRST album in five years
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump plot move back to NYC but plans to restart socialite life may be sunk by White House work
- Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards on life in lockdown, keeping healthy and his other band… The X-Pensive Winos
- Audrey Hepburn: A Hollywood icon scarred by the loss of her father and baby girl
- 2 of Darwin's famous notebooks, including iconic 'Tree of Life' sketch, are missing
- Lolo Jones back in bobsled, seeking elusive Olympic medal and return to Beijing
An iconic real-life track is returning to Gran Turismo have 603 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.