More evidence of a The Last of Us remake may have surfaced in a new PlayStation job listing.
The listing , which is part of a partnership on a new game at support studio PlayStation Studios Visual Arts, surfaced on Reddit earlier today. The job, for a contract technical game designer, asks for developers “with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, action/adventure games.”
The Visual Arts studio has helped out across a number of Sony games and many of its first-party studios, but there are a few hints in the listing that make clear this job is tied to some kind of remake. Responsibilities include “implement[ing] existing gameplay systems into a new framework” and “improving existing level scripts for interaction and engagement,” and there’s also a mention of both ranged and melee combat.
Two of Sony’s first-party games are known to be getting re-releases, thanks to the PC versions of God of War and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, but with both of those set to arrive in early 2022, it seems unlikely that the developers would still be hiring at this late stage. The only other PlayStation games rumoured to be receiving remakes are Chrono Cross, a JRPG that doesn’t fit the job description, and The Last of Us. Rumours of a The Last of Us PS5 remake surfaced in April, and PlayStation Studios Visual Arts was closely linked to the project, despite reports that it was no longer leading development.
Neither Sony nor Naughty Dog has confirmed those reports, so there’s no guarantee that The Last of Us is getting a next-gen remake, especially since a PS4 remaster already exists. That said, the success of The Last of Us 2 and the excitement around the upcoming The Last of Us TV show could mean that both companies are keen to double down on the franchise.
Struggling to keep track? Here’s a list of all the upcoming PS5 games .
- Apex Legends on PS5 and Xbox Series X? Respawn job listing hints at next-gen port
- Apex Legends next-gen port seemingly confirmed by new job listing
- PS5: Release date, launch games, and everything you need to know about the Sony PlayStation 5
- PlayStation Plus: Get 12 Months For $36.50 In This Great PS4 Deal
- Best Racing Wheels for PlayStation 4 in 2020
- The Last of Us 2 is back on the PlayStation Store after a brief absence
- Americans Persevere amid Coronavirus Crisis Despite Left’s Efforts to Remake America
- Call Of Duty Warzone Adding New Contract Type That Gives You A Huge Payoff
- Free Animal Crossing: New Horizons Goodies Available For Nintendo Switch Online Members
- Fallout 76 Dev Acknowledges "Frustrating Issues;" New Updates Planned For Years To Come
- The Best Animal Crossing: New Horizons Merch: Accessories, Clothes, And More
- Exclusive Animal Crossing: New Horizons Freebie Available For Switch Online Members
- Joe Manganiello looks totally different in new picture from quarantine
- This is the PERFECT resume: Employment coach reveals the 10 steps you need to follow to secure an interview for the job of your dreams
- Up to one in three jobs in parts of Britain are at risk of being lost amid coronavirus crisis with Chancellor Rishi Sunak's constituency topping list of areas most affected, study finds
- Revealed: The list of high-risk workers that could cause a second wave of COVID-19 if they don't get tested now – so is your jobplace safe?
- One job in three at risk of being lost due to the coronavirus crisis
- Days Gone studio is recruiting for a new AAA game likely headed to PS5
- Empty homes: Rental vacancies tipped to rise as job losses mount
- Tens of thousands of unemployed workers beaten to jobs by furloughed staff taking on second jobs
The Last of Us remake may have resurfaced in a new PlayStation job listing have 598 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.