Actor Sylvester Stallone is currently in negotiations to executive produce and star in Kansas City for Paramount+, according to Deadline . This will be Stallone’s first major leading role in a television series.
According to a synopsis, the series is set in the present day and chronicles legendary New York mobster Sal–played by Stallone–who is tasked with “re-establishing his Italian mafia family to the modernized, straight-shooting town of Kansas City, Missouri. There, Sal encounters surprising and unsuspecting characters who follow him along his unconventional path to power.
Kansas City comes from Taylor Sheridan (Sicario) and Terence Winter (The Sopranos), with Winter serving as showrunner. David. Glaser, Ron Burkle, and Bob Yari of 101 Studios will executive produce.
Earlier this year, Stallone revealed that he was inspired to write a full pitch for a Rocky Balboa TV show . Stallone said the Rocky show might take place in the 1960s when Rocky was a 17-year-old. Amid the major events of the time–like the Civil Rights movement, the Moon landing, and Vietnam War–Robert “Rocky” Balboa was living a normal, plain life, Stallone wrote. Relatedly, Stallone also revealed this year that he will not appear in the upcoming Creed film , which marks the directorial debut for star Michael B. Jordan.
Stallone’s Rocky 4 director’s cut, titled Rocky Vs. Drago–The Ultimate Director’s Cut was recently released.
- Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Royals series preview, pitching matchups
- Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs: TV, odds, history and more
- Sunday's NFL: Cleveland Browns can't slow red-hot Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. New England Patriots RECAP, SCORE & STATS (10/14/18)
- Should the New England Patriots try to play keep away against the Kansas City Chiefs?
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. New England Patriots LIVE SCORE UPDATES & STATS (10/14/18)
- Faith Jenkins stars in new courtroom TV series
- Former BYU Cougar Dane Iorg — long-ago World Series hero — prefers looking forward than back
- Democrats Are Running Strong Campaigns In Kansas (Yes, Kansas)
- World Series 2018: David Price will try to put Boston Red Sox up 2-0
- These are the hits of the fall TV season so far
- Whicker: Dodgers’ long day’s journey into night doesn’t remove memories of Walker Buehler’s World Series brilliance
- Quintana leads way for Cubs
- What to watch on TV for the week of November 4
- TV sports listing for Des Moines and Iowa
- Pregame: Gophers freshmen Oturu and Kalscheur to start in debut
- San Antonio native among Texas stars on fall TV
- TV tonight: ‘Charmed’ reboot debuts; ‘Supergirl’ returns
- Drew Brees' NFL debut didn't herald record-setting career
- Royals top Tigers 3-2 to split series
Sylvester Stallone To Debut As TV Series Lead In Kansas City On Paramount Plus have 433 words, post on www.gamespot.com at December 6, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.