This week, PlayStation Plus subscribers reacted in surprise when a new version of Godfall was confirmed as part of December’s game offering .
The Godfall: Challenger Edition is a version of the game which lets players try three endgame modes, and provides a sampling of high-end loot and skill points so you can test the game at max level.
Many subscribers suggested the inclusion of this version of Godfall was against the spirit of PlayStation Plus, which typically offers “full” games. Indeed, the Challenger Edition was advertised with word of an $45 upgrade offer – to pay and get the main version of Godfall if you liked what you had tried so far.
Today, a spokesperson for developer Counterplay told Eurogamer that the Challenger Edition was “not a trial”, but a new cut-price, limited-feature edition.
In a new press release, Counterplay announced that the Challenger Edition would also soon be available for free via the Epic Game Store for a limited time (December 9th – 16th).
After that, the Challenger Edition will be sold for $14.99.
But this seems unlikely to appease PlayStation Plus subscribers who have said they feel the service typically offers full-priced releases.
By comparison, the PlayStation Store typically offers Godfall’s Digital Deluxe Edition for £49.99 (currently discounted to £24.99), plus the Ascended Edition for £54.99.
- Cloud gaming faces challenges as Google prepares launch
- Virgil van Dijk hits back after Kenny Dalglish FIFA challenge
- Von der Leyen assigns defence challenge to France
- Action needed to address systemic challenges facing schools
- Need for Speed Heat release date announced with new trailer
- Black Desert PS4 Early Access: Online release date going live
- Timmermans: A green candidate in the red corner
- Fifa 20: Confirmed Fifa Ultimate Team game mode changes
- Google Stadia to cost £119 up front and launch this November
- FIFA 20 latest as major FIFA Ultimate Team changes revealed
- FIFA 20: FUT game mode changes revealed
- Top alternative games to get your kids off Fortnite this summer
- A superhero spider, girl power and a happy lion:
- Liverpool and EA Sports announce massive new FIFA 20 deal
- FIFA 20: Career Mode changes confirmed
- Yates, Dumoulin back to finish job at Giro d'Italia
- Best games of E3 2019: From Star Wars to Cyberpunk
- Everything we know about FIFA 20 far
- Welcoming home a transatlantic hero: 100 years on
- End of an era: The race to replace Viagra
PlayStation Plus' Godfall: Challenger Edition not a trial, developer insists have 364 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.