While Bioware celebrated Dragon Age Day earlier this month on December 4, it sadly didn’t have anything new to reveal about Dragon Age 4 –in fact, it suggested that we shouldn’t expect any news at The Game Awards either . Fans have some new Dragon Age content to keep them going until the next announcement, however, with two new short stories set in the world of Thedas.
Bioware has always extended the lore of Dragon Age beyond the scope of its games, with a number of books and short stories making up the rest of the canon. The two new stories join four shorts that were written for last year’s Dragon Age Day.
The first story is called Won’t Know When , and details a romantic moment of post-battle calm between two Grey Wardens. The second, The Flame Eternal , follows two necromancers as they troubleshoot the issue of a skull that has inexplicably started to scream. The stories are written by Bioware writers Brianne Battye and Sylvia Feketekuty respectively.
Like other short stories Bioware has released for the Dragon Age universe, it’s unlikely that the characters mentioned in these stories will make any other appearances in the lore, but they still do their job of fleshing out the world of Thedas.
For the most part, Bioware celebrates Dragon Age Day on December 4 as a largely community-focused event, after community members originated the concept in 2018–though it also used the occasion this year to make a donation to the charity Able Gamers .
While the next Dragon Age game has been confirmed for a number of years, news about the game has been thin on the ground, mostly consisting of vague teases or concept art sneak peeks. Reports have said that the game is unlikely to release before 2023 , while Bioware has said it’s unlikely to release anything new about the game before next year .
- Dallas Stars questions: goaltending, aging, and new faces
- Does Windows 7 Hate Dragon Age?
- Geek Gifts 2011: Dragon Age II
- New Trailer For Dragon Age Inquisition Released
- Dragon Age First Expansion Named, Dated, Priced
- Geekend galleries: Dragon Age: Origins, a thought-controlled bot, Rube Goldberg machines
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
- Another Possible Video Game Catastrophe For 2014: 'Dragon Age: Inquisition'
- Watch Dragon Age: Redemption, Episode Three
- Pete’s Dragon Reveals First Look At New Dragon
- Dragon Age Expansion Rings in the New Year Next Week
- Old Meets New In 2014 Video Game Lineup
- SpaceX Falcon 9 Exploded On Impact Shows New Video
- 2012 Hugo and John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer nominees
- What to expect at E3 2017: Live streams, new games, and Xbox Scorpio's big reveal
- The story of the Stanley Cup that no one won
- President Frank Underwood dropped wisdom at Cisco Live on tech, risk taking, and VR
- Ariana Grande Wins Best New Artist At AMAs
- Age of Empires IV is officially in the works, from Company of Heroes and Homeworld developer Relic
- Amazon Prime Day 2017: The best tech, electronics, PC, and mobile deals
Dragon Age Drops Two New Short Stories For Dragon Age Day have 487 words, post on www.gamespot.com at December 8, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.