Assassin’s Creed fans are keenly waiting for news on Valhalla’s upcoming second year of additions – but will have to wait just a little longer.
With Valhalla’s one-year anniversary now passed, Ubisoft is still to say exactly what the next year will bring. In the meantime, the game’s current Oskoreia Festival event has been extended a week until 9th December.
This is good news for anyone still grinding festival tokens for the last few rewards (the werewolf combat challenge is your fastest route to the most tokens, I’ve found), such as Eivor’s headdress made out of bones, or the rather spooky skeleton raven.
If you’re done already, a new community challenge this week unlocks Basim’s sword after 250,000 worldwide kills using a one-handed sword. All you need is to contribute at least one kill, then the blade is yours.
? Get Basim’s Sword in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla by completing Basim’s Challenge! pic.twitter.com/nykJtt6wmM
— Assassin’s Creed (@assassinscreed) December 2, 2021
Beyond the festival, all Ubisoft has officially announced so far is a new title update (v1.4.1) coming sometime in December, which will return snow to Ravensthorpe for a second year running.
Of course, we know there’s plenty more for Valhalla on the way – and past leaks have pointed to at least two potential additions.
Next year is expected to bring at least one big expansion, with clues spotted in the game’s Trophy list suggesting its name will be Dawn of Ragnarök .
There was also a spoilery leak which suggested Ubisoft is planning the return of a major Assassin’s Creed character , as part of an unprecedented crossover.
Last month, Valhalla received the first in a series of fresh tombs , which added some funky lore and mildly-challenging puzzles.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ review
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Has Series' Best First Week In Years
- New California: Mass Immigration Turning Virginia Blue
- Morocco's Moga Festival Shines Bright With Blond:ish, Kenny Dope and Local Roots
- More Californians can seek gun removals after Newsom signs new firearm laws
- After mass shootings, California sets new limits on gun buyers and expands firearm seizure
- Our favorite games of 2015, part two
- [Ending Soon] Best Gaming Deals Outside Amazon On Prime Day 2019 (US)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 For $20, And More PS4, Xbox One Deals At GameStop
- [Ending Soon] Prime Day PS4 Deals: Kingdom Hearts 3 For $20, PS4 Pro For $320, And More
- [Ending Soon] Prime Day's Best Xbox One Deals To Grab ASAP (US)
- 'Destiny 2' Update 2.6.1 - Full Patch Notes
- 'Harriet' redefines the history most of us learned about slavery
- Best Prime Day Gaming Deals (Ending Soon): Tuesday's PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One Discounts
- Want to make friends in San Francisco? Play 'Killer Queen,' the latest arcade bar craze
- Is it finally Pedro Almodóvar’s year at Cannes?
- Easy ways to save hundreds by spreading the cost of Christmas - if you start now
- The best weapons in Destiny 2, and where to find them
- Three More Ubisoft Triple-A Games Coming Early Next Year
- Get Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership For $28--And More Great Deals At Target Right Now (US)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla extends current festival, adds new sword have 535 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.