Capcom has released a gameplay video of Street Fighter 5’s final DLC character, Luke.
Luke, who Capcom has dubbed “the future of Street Fighter” and a “major” part of the next Street Fighter game (and has been likened to Jake Paul by many fans), is an offense-heavy puncher from the USA.
The sense I get from the gameplay is Luke is an offensive, high-pressure character whose punches hit hard. All three of his normal punches propel Luke forward, so he can close distances quickly. He’s got two target combos, a mid-to-long range projectile and an anti-air that launches him upwards.
Luke also has a unique V-System. Both his V-Triggers cause his V-Gauge to turn into a timer that continuously fills in a neutral state. Unlike any other Street Fighter 5 character, Luke gains V-Timer by doing damage, but he loses V-Timer when taking damage or using his V-Trigger-specific moves. The idea is Luke’s opponent will be forced to approach to prevent Luke from maintaining a filled V-Timer.
We also get a look at Luke’s Critical Art, which, as you’d expect, packs a punch.
Luke comes out today, 29th November – over five-and-a-half years after Street Fighter 5 launched in February 2016.
- Street Fighter V Update To Add Guile & First DLC Arena
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition brings this two-tone angel to the ring next February
- Street Fighter V Improving Controller Support
- Blanka lights up Street Fighter V next week
- Street Fighter V Flies In Guile, Rage Quit Punishment
- Street Fighter V Getting Cinematic Story After Launch
- Cody comes to Street Fighter V, brings a mayoral pipe
- Street Fighter V gets 'Ever-Changing Ninja' Zeku today
- Street Fighter x Mega Man = Live Now
- Street Fighter V's new fortune reading system offers up exclusive cosmetics and rewards
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition patch notes punch out
- No Ultra, No Turbo: Street Fighter V Is The Only SFV
- Street Fighter V Adding New Characters Monthly-Ish
- Raised By Screens, Chapter 9: Street Fighter II
- Bif Pow Oof: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Released
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection is a treasure trove of trivia
- Kick-o! Street Fighter V Adding Juri On Tuesday
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Final Mega Character Reveal
- Bif! Street Fighter V Adds Illuminati VP Urien This Month
- RRAAAA! Street Fighter V Adding Rage Quit Punishment
Street Fighter 5 Luke gameplay video offers a look at the character dubbed "the future of Street Fighter" have 366 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.