Ubisoft has announced the post-launch DLC plan for Rainbow Six Extraction , confirming that a “sizeable” amount of the content will be completely free.
Extraction is getting a challenge mode called Maelstrom Protocol, which Ubisoft says is being designed to appeal to the “most skilled” players. In the mode, players will fight through nine “subzones,” each featuring new, more difficult enemies than the last. Players will also find their resources deplete more quickly and the total time available for each stage drops each round.
Upon reaching checkpoints, players can “extract” to put their points into a bank or keep going. Players will be designated with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond based on their performance, and each tier comes with its own cosmetic items.
Extraction will also have Crisis Events and Assignments. The Crisis Events are limited-time events featuring themed content, as well as a new Operator or a new Protean enemy to take on. “In the first Crisis Event, Spillover, players must wipe out mass colonies of an evolved version of the Sprawl as hordes of Archæans attempt to stop them. These events will reward exclusive REACT Tech, new cosmetics, and new lore,” Ubisoft said.
Assignments, meanwhile, are weekly modes featuring special gameplay modifiers. The Veteran Mode, for example, removes the HUD, limits your ammo, and allows for friendly fire.
The Maelstrom Protocol and Assignments will be available at launch, and Crisis Events will come “soon after.”
As announced previously, Extraction launches on January 20 for $40 , and it comes with two “Buddy Pass” tokens that let you play with friends for up to 14 days across platforms. All progress during this period for the free players will carry over if they decide to buy the game outright.
While Rainbow Six Extraction includes various features from Rainbow Six Siege, Ubisoft is adamant that the two games will appeal to different audiences, with the game’s creative director saying the two games are “very different.”
- Marvel's Spider-Man DLC Post-Launch Content Revealed!
- Cryptic Joker Clips Reveal New Trailer Is Coming Wednesday
- 13 Reasons Why season two new trailer shows Clay taking a violent revenge on rapist Bryce for Hannah’s death
- Overkill's The Walking Dead Character Revealed in New Trailer
- Zachary Levi Reveals New Poster, Teases New Trailer For ‘Shazam!’
- Nintendo Reveals New Pokemon Switch Games!
- New Trailer For RAGE 2 Encourages You To Become A Wasteland Superhero
- Apex Legends Season 2 Goes Live With New Trailer And Patch Notes
- Every New Trailer From the 2018 Game Awards
- Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Reveals Pre-Order Details, New Trailer
- Director Patty Jenkins Reveals New Wonder Woman 1984 Poster
- Complete List of Disney Plus Launch Titles Revealed!
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Reveals New Zombies Footage At SDCC
- Avengers: Infinity War Directors Tease New Trailer
- New The Walking Dead Season 9B Trailer Reveals New Threats
- Prepare Yourself for the Sense8: The Series Finale with a New Trailer
- 'Dark Phoenix' Director Simon Kinberg Teases More Death Beyond That Spoilery New Trailer
- Emily Dickinson Tries to Break the Rules In New Trailer
- Marvel Announces Spider-Man (PS4) Release Date With New Trailer
- 'Star Wars' VR Series 'Vader Immortal' Unveils New Trailer, Casts Maya Rudolph
Rainbow Six Extraction Post-Launch DLC Revealed In New Trailer have 518 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.