Ubisoft has announced the post-launch DLC plan for Rainbow Six Extraction , confirming that a “sizeable” amount of the content will be completely free.
Extraction is getting a challenge mode called Maelstrom Protocol, which Ubisoft says is being designed to appeal to the “most skilled” players. In the mode, players will fight through nine “subzones,” each featuring new, more difficult enemies than the last. Players will also find their resources deplete more quickly and the total time available for each stage drops each round.
Upon reaching checkpoints, players can “extract” to put their points into a bank or keep going. Players will be designated with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond based on their performance, and each tier comes with its own cosmetic items.
Extraction will also have Crisis Events and Assignments. The Crisis Events are limited-time events featuring themed content, as well as a new Operator or a new Protean enemy to take on. “In the first Crisis Event, Spillover, players must wipe out mass colonies of an evolved version of the Sprawl as hordes of Archæans attempt to stop them. These events will reward exclusive REACT Tech, new cosmetics, and new lore,” Ubisoft said.
Assignments, meanwhile, are weekly modes featuring special gameplay modifiers. The Veteran Mode, for example, removes the HUD, limits your ammo, and allows for friendly fire.
The Maelstrom Protocol and Assignments will be available at launch, and Crisis Events will come “soon after.”
As announced previously, Extraction launches on January 20 for $40 , and it comes with two “Buddy Pass” tokens that let you play with friends for up to 14 days across platforms. All progress during this period for the free players will carry over if they decide to buy the game outright.
While Rainbow Six Extraction includes various features from Rainbow Six Siege, Ubisoft is adamant that the two games will appeal to different audiences, with the game’s creative director saying the two games are “very different.”
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Screenshots Are Jaw-Dropping
- Former Olympic skater Debi Thomas broke, living in bed bug-infested trailer
- In Sochi, new complaints about Russia anti-gay law
- Meet the coach: Falcons launch new era with Dan Quinn hiring
- Kyle Larson ready to become NASCAR’s new superstar
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- Apple Launches iAd Producer Pack to Steal Adobe’s Business
- New York to daily fantasy sports: Stop taking bets here
- New York to daily fantasy sports: Stop staking bets here
- Five Innovative New Year’s Resolutions
- Former Jets LB Bart Scott tackles new TV role
- Google Engineer Calls Google+ a Pathetic Afterthought
- Amazon Prime's Free Games For November Available Now
- Where Is Xur Today? Destiny 2 Xur Location For Exotic Armor And Weapon (Nov. 1-5)
- BlizzCon 2019 Opening Ceremony Stream: How To Watch Live
- A’s Doolittle hyped for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- WRESTLEMANIA Part 3
- NFL’s greatest teams not to win the Super Bowl: 21-40
- CFB AM: Sneak peek of film that only Texas, A&M fans can understand
- Webseries phenom
Rainbow Six Extraction Post-Launch DLC Revealed In New Trailer have 497 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.