I am, dear reader, a big fan of Nurgle. It’s an odd thing to be a fan of. The putrid Chaos faction is quite possibly the most disgusting thing in all of fantasy, but when it comes to Warhammer, disgusting can be cool. Sort of.
This week, developer Creative Assembly released a cinematic trailer for upcoming strategy game Total War: Warhammer 3, and it showcased Nurgle in all its puss-packed glory. I must say it’s just about the best Nurgle has looked in any video game ever.
Creative Assembly, which has form when it comes to making stunning Total War cinematic trailers, has nailed the relentlessness of Nurgle, the sense of inevitable doom as plague and pestilence sweeps across the battlefield. If you don’t rot just by looking at what’s coming at you, you’ll live long enough to see your flesh slip off your bones and your eyes burst out of your head. Like I said, disgusting.
In a follow-up blog post , Creative Assembly dished the dirt on Nurgle’s roster of units. Ku’gath, the Plaguefather, is the Nurgle legendary lord. This Great Unclean One is all sorts of horrible, working on new contagions that may one day infect the Gods. Here’s how he looks:
In a fight, Ku’gath chucks explosive Nurglings across half the map that detonate in enemies’ ranks. Yum.
Meanwhile, I’ve got a soft spot for the Plague Toads of Nurgle. These “toad-like bags of brackish filth and pus” can swallow a man whole. I can’t imagine a worse fate.
So far, so very good. I think Creative Assembly has done a wonderful job of capturing that twisted yet happy-go-lucky side of Nurgle, without descending into adults-only gore territory. You perhaps won’t see intestines all over the shop, but that Nurgle atmosphere is right there.
Chris Tapsell went hands-on with Total War: Warhammer 3’s fiery new survival battles back in May. Check it out if you want to know more about the game. Total War: Warhammer 3 launches on 17th February via Steam, Epic Games Store and more – or you’ll be able to play it day one via Xbox Game Pass for PC.
- This Is What Jason Momoa Would Look Like As God of War's Kratos
- Travelling couple who couldn't bear to leave a mange-ridden puppy who looked 'like a rat' reveal his amazing transformation after they adopted him from Mexico and spent $1,400 on vets bills
- Total War: Three Kingdoms review round up: "Relationships come to shape your decisions"
- Five reasons to play Total Lockdown while self-isolating
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Sells 1 Million Copies In A Week
- God Of War: This Is What Dave Bautista Would Look Like As Kratos
- Newt Gingrich: Coronavirus battle 'like being in a war,' Americans must call lawmakers to stop the 'pork'
- Here's What Daisy Ridley Could Look Like as Spider-Woman
- NHL coronavirus schedule: League looking at possibility of playing in August; here's what that may look like
- Not all SMEs will survive the Covid-19 crisis, but what should an economic bailout package look like?
- Setting the AI standard: What it could look like in Australia
- Dog owner orders a toy replica of her pet but it ‘looks like it’s had a stroke’ and she can’t stop laughing
- Your boardroom need not look like a war room …
- Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Here's what a potential Patriots-Texans deal could look like
- Criss Angel Says It's Eerie to See Vegas Look Like a Ghost Town
- Gordon Taylor looks like man out of time after Hillsborough gaffe and limp apology
- Shrunken leagues, virtual Olympics and simulated crowds: What sport might look like post-coronavirus
- What would the MCU look like if Tarantino's Luke Cage film had actually been made?
- Classic Star Wars Game Reportedly Coming to Nintendo Switch and PS4 Tomorrow
- Hollywood Celebrity Children Who Look Exactly Like Their Parents!
Nurgle looks like the reason for me to play Total War Warhammer 3 have 632 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.