Cyberpunk 2077’s standing on Steam has recently improved – it now has a “Very Positive” user rating and is one of the top-selling games on the platform.
Cyberpunk 2077 suffered a disastrous launch and caused developer CD Projekt severe reputational damage it has yet to recover from. It went so badly, CD Projekt changed how it operates to develop multiple AAA games and expansions in parallel, and only begin promoting its creations much closer to release.
But Cyberpunk 2077 has carried a “Mostly Positive” Steam review user rating throughout the fallout. A recent 50 percent off promotion (£24.99 down from £49.99) has sent the embattled sci-fi game shooting to second place in Steam’s top-selling games list – behind only Football Manager 2022 – and sparked a glut of freshly posted positive reviews from players.
This has sparked an improvement in the Steam user rating to “Very Positive”, fuelled by thousands of positive reviews (and far fewer negative reviews) since 24th November.
“Despite its rocky launch, decided to get the game now, and have had lots of fun while playing, and had only met some more minor bugs,” wrote Steam user Golden Ireland .
It’s a significant enough moment for Cyberpunk 2077 quest director Paweł Sasko to take to Twitter to say: “You can’t imagine what it means to me.”
— Pawe? Sasko (@PaweSasko) November 26, 2021
This week, CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński insisted the company is not up for sale , and predicted Cyberpunk 2077 will be considered a “very good game” in the long run.
Work on updates continues. Certainly Cyberpunk 2077 is in a better place now than it was at launch, although there is still much work to be done. A free upgrade for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S versions was delayed to 2022 .
- Cyberpunk 2077 trailers, release date, gameplay details everything we know
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Cyberpunk 2077 And Avengers Devs Open Up Over Crunch Culture
- Cyberpunk 2077 launches April next year and Keanu Reeves is in it
- Steam hits 17 million concurrent users, with nearly 7 million playing in-game
- What Are The Best Resources For STEAM Educators?
- Apple TV (160GB) Review
- Khajoor Pe Atke movie review: Manoj Pahwa, Vinay Pathak’s film lacks steam
- Ad Astra review round-up: Brad Pitt space epic wins critical praise in Venice
- Roku SoundBridge M1000 Review
- Roku SoundBridge M500 Review
- Photoshop for iPad: Users bemoan lack of features with the new software
- Tesla Model S P85D: The Jalopnik Review
- Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR review
- NeoDigits Helios X5000 Review
- Joker review roundup: Joaquin Phoenix film is "bold", "twisted", "aggressive" take
- Midsommar review round-up: Hereditary horror follow-up is a "mind-f**k"
- Ajji movie review: An unpretentious revenge saga served with proper dose of blood and gore
- Asus Zephyrus Review:
- Making Cyberpunk: when Mike Pondsmith met CD Projekt Red
- Microsoft unveils 'Project Scarlett' console FOUR TIMES more powerful than the Xbox One X with 'resolution and frame rates never seen before'
Cyberpunk 2077 now has "Very Positive" user review rating on Steam have 516 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.