CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński has insisted the company is not up for sale.
“We have been saying for years that we plan to remain independent and do not plan to become part of a larger entity,” Kiciński stated. “We are also not looking for a strategic investor.”
When asked if another company could action a hostile takeover by buying shares, he responded: “There are provisions that significantly hinder hostile takeovers.”
In fact, CD Projekt has been investing in other smaller companies, such as The Molasses Flood (The Flame in the Flood) and the Vancouver-based studio Digital Scapes, now known as CD Projekt Red Vancouver.
“As part of our strategy update, we announced more activity in the mergers and acquisitions area, which we confirmed in recent months with two transactions,” said Kiciński.
“We do not rule out more such transactions in the future. The purpose of our acquisitions is to strengthen our development teams and gain additional support in implementing our strategy.
“In this type of investment, we are most interested in experience and competence, and we attach great importance to whether the team fits into the culture of our group.”
Kiciński also stated the company remains confident in Cyberpunk 2077.
“Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest, most ambitious and definitely the most complicated project in our 27-year history,” he said. “In almost every aspect, we tried to take it a step further, just as we’ve done with every Witcher game we’ve released.
“Releasing a game in a new franchise brings many challenges and risks, especially when the concept is so complex. We brought to life a huge, vibrant futuristic city called Night City, where the characters’ non-linear stories take place.
“We’re proud of many aspects of the game, but as we know, not everything went our way. Nevertheless, the brand awareness of Cyberpunk that we’ve managed to build is huge, and the game universe, its characters and details have fans all over the world.
“We believe that in the long run Cyberpunk 2077 will be perceived as a very good game, and like our other titles, it will sell for years – especially as the hardware gets more powerful over time and we improve the game.
“We’re working on updates all the time, and we’re also working on a version for the latest generation of consoles. Of course, the original release taught us a lot. It gave us a kick and motivated us to make changes that will make us better in the future.”
Despite its controversial launch, CD Projekt’s Cyberpunk 2077 is now topping the Steam charts owing to a 50 per cent discount in the sales (until 1st December). A free upgrade is expected for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions yet to be released.
- CD Projekt is now Europe's second most valuable game company
- CD Projekt are now valued as the second largest game company in Europe
- The dawn of a new millennium in Korea: Remembering the year 2000 in Seoul, when CD players were hot and cell phones were brand new
- Oasis to 'definitely get back together' insists secret woman behind their success
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prepared to sell Lingard and Pereira to raise cash for Grealish transfer
- Mask sales restricted at Brisbane Airport
- Former Met boss Thomas Campbell: 'I was passionate about the museum and its mission'
- The Witcher 3 Has Made Over $50 Million on Steam
- Cyberpunk 2077: Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X, release date everything else we know
- Best PC Games
- The Best PS4 Deals For February 2020: PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim, PSVR, Games, And More
- Xbox Series X Will Be Backwards Compatible With All Previous Generations
- Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Will Work With Every Previous Xbox Generation
- Xbox Series X specs reveal console's power, backward compatibility
- Xbox Series X Backwards Compatibility Supports Every Previous Xbox Generation
- Xbox Series X Backwards Compatible With Every Previous Xbox Generation
- Xbox Series X Is Backwards Compatible With All Previous Xbox Generations
- Xbox Series X Is Backwards Compatible With Every Previous Xbox Generation
- With BattleTech's expansions done, Harebrained are focusing on two new projects
- Presidential poll: Tribunal overrules Buhari, plays Atiku’s video evidence
CD Projekt not for sale, boss insists have 688 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.