Just months after Bridgerton became Netflix’s biggest show, another series has taken its crown – Squid Game is officially the most popular Netflix show of all time.
The streamer announced the news in a tweet that read: “Squid Game has officially reached 111 million fans – making it our biggest series launch ever!”
Squid Game has officially reached 111 million fans — making it our biggest series launch ever! pic.twitter.com/SW3FJ42Qsn October 12, 2021
“I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to you all. 111 million of you have joined the ranks of the VIPs, making Squid Game our number 1 show in the world. And for the rest of you, will you seize the opportunity to join the game?” says the video’s narration, over clips from the show.
Netflix recently revealed their most watched series and TV shows , with Bridgerton reigning supreme with 82 million households sampling the show, and 625 million hours watched. It seems Squid Game has stormed past the competition, then.
The deadly survival series has proved a surprise hit. It’s now got its own official merchandise , though a second season is up in the air. “I don’t have well-developed plans for Squid Game 2,” writer and director Hwang Dong-hyuk said recently . “It is quite tiring just thinking about it. But if I were to do it, I would certainly not do it alone. I’d consider using a writers’ room and would want multiple experienced directors.”
If you’re all caught up on Squid Game, Netflix has even made it easier for you to choose something to watch next with a list of recommendations . If you’re still watching the show, be on the lookout – your subtitle settings could mean you’re watching it all wrong .
Looking to fill out your watchlist? Check out our guide to the best Netflix shows streaming now.
- Brooklyn Beckham jetted to Kenya to film scenes for Sir David Attenborough’s new Netflix series Our Planet
- Ricky Gervais' dark Netflix series After Life drops hilarious trailer
- My life is like that new Netflix series Russian Doll – a series of recurring crises
- Lee Cattermole hoping Netflix series two will have better memories for Sunderland and himself
- Dog bite football escape in Netflix series
- New Netflix series inspired by real-life teen drug king
- Who are the Thai boys who were trapped in a cave, what’s their Netflix series called, and how are they doing since their rescue?
- Northampton writer's novel snapped up for 10-part Netflix series
- Everything you need to know about new Netflix series, Flinch
- Princes William and Harry join Charles for glittering premiere of Sir David Attenborough’s Netflix series Our Planet
- Netflix tests UK price increases
- Netflix fans so scared by Uma Thurman’s ‘creepy’ new show Chambers they can’t sleep at night
- Josh Whitehouse: Who will the Poldark star play in the Game of Thrones prequel?
- Watch Game of Thrones season 7 recap with everything you need to know before season 8
- Game Of Thrones Sophie Turner posts incredible on-set throwback pic – and the cast looks SO young
- Netflix confirms The Haunting Of Hill House is set for terrifying follow up with new name
- When does Game of Thrones season 8 start, how did series 7 end and is it on Netflix?
- Ted Bundy film: Netflix release date UK, trailer, cast and spoilers
- What is Netflix’s The Order UK release date, what is the horror series about and what are the reviews like?
- Netflix star Lucy Davis goes make-up free at LA airport ahead of series two of Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
Squid Game officially becomes most popular Netflix series ever have 578 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.