Sledgehammer Games, the developer behind this November’s Call of Duty: Vanguard , is opening a new office, its first in the UK. After establishing offices in Melbourne, Australia (2019) and Toronto, Canada (2021), Sledgehammer is now opening an office in Guildford, United Kingdom.
Liz Wyle, a former director of product development at PlayStation Europe, is the general manager of Sledgehammer Games Guildford. “Guildford has a long history of video game development, and as a result, there’s a lot of top-tier talent and an existing game dev community there and in the surrounding towns. We’re also an easy reverse commute in from London, which has a huge talent pool,” Wyle said.
Sledgehammer’s Guildford team will work alongside Sledgehammer’s main HQ in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as Melbourne and Toronto, to work on Vanguard’s live-service elements and “future projects [that are] planned for the years ahead.”
The Guildford office is staffing up now, with open positions across a variety of disciplines such as art, design, engineering, animation, UI and UX, production, and audio.
Sledgehammer’s COO Andy Wilson said: “I’m just really excited to bring our studio brand to the UK, along with the incredible franchise we get to work on. It’s another opportunity to do our own small part to grow the industry, in a place where there'’ a huge number of talented developers.”
“As we have done in our other locations, we will be looking to build partnerships with schools and universities to help nurture and grow the next generation of talent. It's not just about finding people who already work in the industry, it’s about providing pathways for those who are looking to get in. I remember that daunting feeling very well and it makes me happy to be providing opportunity, especially as we emerge from a historic pandemic.”
It’s not just Sledgehammer that’s expanding, as Modern Warfare studio Infinity Ward just opened a new office in Austin, Texas.
In other news, Sledgehammer will reveal Vanguard’s Zombies mode today, October 14– here’s how to watch and what to expect.
- Why the new Office app for Android is perfect for me
- Microsoft’s new Office app hints at the Surface Duo’s potential
- Remedy has three games in development, including its own live service game
- LASU, national ASUU on war path over election of new officers
- New Star Wars Film Reportedly in the Works From Sleight Director and Luke Cage Writer
- Remedy are working on two new projects, and one is a live-service multiplayer game
- New immigration system: How will the UK's points-based scheme work?
- Brexit: UK looks to keep visa-free travel from EU
- New Star Wars film confirmed
- Welcome to the future: JLR unveils new driverless concept car - Project Vector
- Women take a backseat in Boris’ new Cabinet: PM axes four senior female ministers and appoints four to replace them – but three are handed more junior roles
- Jaguar Project Vector 'Autonomy-Ready' Platform Concept Revealed
- Cabinet reshuffle: Who is in Boris Johnson's new cabinet?
- Determined voices from proud ex-mining town set for worst financial future in UK
- Government announces points-based immigration system - here's how it will work
- UK, China to Deepen Ties on Climate Change as Key Talks on HS2, 5G Underway Amid Tensions With US
- Priti Patel launches UK's ‘historic' points-based visa system
- Staff shortages leave probation service in crisis, report finds
- Final Int’l Box Office: ‘Godzilla’ Thrashes Again With $38.4M Weekend Led By China; ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2’ Fires Up $24.4M; ‘Fault’ On Fire In Brazil
- Kate Middleton's mum guilt triggered by Charlotte's innocent question as she left for work
Sledgehammer's New Office In The UK Will Support Vanguard Live-Service And Work On "Future Projects" have 594 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.