Housemarque has finally added a suspension mode to Returnal.
Update 2.0 is now live and includes Suspend Cycle functionality, allowing players to pause their cycle, exit the game and turn off the console without losing progress.
Once players resume, the suspend point is deleted and another can be made instead.
There are limitations though: a suspend point cannot be created during boss battles, cinematics, first-person segments, or combat.
At launch, many players complained that the game didn’t include a save or suspension feature. The roguelike’s long runs instead had to be played through in one sitting, or players had to leave their console on sleep mode to resume later.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) October 26, 2021
This Suspend Cycle function isn’t a traditional save feature, meaning it maintains the roguelike spirit of the game while allowing for shorter bursts of play.
In addition, the new update brings a Photo Mode to really show off those neon lights and creepy tentacles.
At any point in the game (except first-person sequences), Photo Mode can be enabled in the pause menu. It includes various effects and settings, such as aperture, saturation, contrast, changing light sources, and using filters and colouring options.
Expect to see plenty of beautiful screenshots shared on social media soon. For full details visit the PlayStation Blog .
Returnal is “a video game that does not want to be played”, we said in our Returnal review . It’s available on PlayStation 5 now.
- The Dawn of the Post-Clinic Abortion
- ‘The Biggest Monster’ Is Spreading. And It’s Not the Coronavirus.
- Sabra Health Care REIT, inc (SBRA) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Boris stunned by latest EU offer – needs Von der Leyen to make one concession
- NorthWestern Corp (NWE) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- NCR (NCR) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- NCR (NCR) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- NCR (NCR) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Capitol Attack Leads Democrats to Demand That Trump Leave Office
- Casella Waste Systems Inc (CWST) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: Sept. 14-15
- History’s Largest Mining Operation Is About to Begin
- Why John Wall might be a risk worth taking for spiraling Celtics
Returnal finally receives suspend functionality have 399 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.