The latest update for Blizzard’s enduringly popular hero shooter Overwatch has arrived. Perhaps the biggest change is that the hero McCree is now named Cole Cassidy. Blizzard made the change because McCree’s namesake was ousted from the company amid the sexual harassment and discrimination case at Activision Blizzard.
Cole Cassidy is the same hero as McCree, just with a new name. Going forward, Blizzard said it will not name new characters after Blizzard employees. The company also vowed to “be more thoughtful and discerning about adding real-world references in future Overwatch content.”
Elsewhere, the patch fixes a bug that could cause players to not receive full credit for their matches when playing Junkenstein’s Revenge. There are some hero-specific changes, too, as Brigitte gets a fix for a bug that could cause her mac chain to appear as the wrong color, while D.Va had a bug that caused the Black Cat skin to be missing a certain decal.
You can see the full patch notes below, as shared by Blizzard .
Jesse McCree, the namesake of the Overwatch hero McCree, was among the Blizzard developers pictured in the infamous “Cosby Suite” photo. The developer was ousted from the company amid the Activision Blizzard sexual harassment and discrimination case.
Activision Blizzard is being sued by the state of California for a pattern of sexual harassment and discrimination against women . A new wrinkle in the case came to light recently, with Activision Blizzard lobbying the court to pause the case due to claims of ethics violations. However, the court rejected Activision Blizzard’s request for a stay in the case.
While all of this is happening, Blizzard continues to work on updates to Overwatch and the sequel, Overwatch 2 , which is scheduled to release in 2022 at the soonest.
Overwatch Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that caused players to not receive full credit towards matches played when playing Junkenstein’s Revenge
- Fixed a bug that caused her mace chain to appear as the wrong color in highlight and emotes if the Vampire Hunter skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the Black Cat skin to have a missing decal on the golden gun
- Fixed a bug that caused the Valkyrie ultimate ability outro sound to not play properly in both first and third person
- Fixed a bug that caused the Grillmaster highlight intro to be unavailable
- 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Update 1.4 Adds Summer Content - Patch Notes
- 'Apex Legends' Update 1.43 Adds Season 6, Rampart & Loba Buff - Patch Notes
- 'Apex Legends' Update 1.44 Adds Rampart & Devotion Fixes - Patch Notes
- 'Pokémon Let's Go' Version 1.01 - Patch Notes
- 'Smash Ultimate' Version 8.1 Update Adds Small Battlefield Stage - Patch Notes
- Valorant Update 1.06 Nerfs Shotguns, Full Patch Notes Revealed
- Call Of Duty: Warzone/Modern Warfare Season 5 Reloaded Patch Notes Out Now (August 24)
- CoD Patch Notes: Warzone/Modern Warfare Update Out Now (August 24)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone Patch Notes: Update Fixes Weapon Glitches
- Weapon Texture Glitch Fixed In Call Of Duty: Warzone / Modern Warfare: Full Patch Notes
- Apex Legends Season 6 Patch Notes Released; New Recon Character Ability Added
- Apex Legends Season 6 Patch Notes Reveal New Recon Character Adjustments
- Apex Legends Season 6 Patch Notes Reveal Recon Character Adjustments
- Call Of Duty: August 11 Patch Notes For Modern Warfare And Warzone
- Marvel's Avengers Beta Opens Further This Weekend, New Patch Notes Detailed
- Borderlands 3 Patch Notes: New Takedown, Major Adjustments To Mayhem Mode
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Update: Full Patch Notes Revealed
- The Division 2 Patch Notes For August 18 Update
- Apex Legends season 6 patch notes to study ahead of its debut
- Fall Guys Update 1.06: Patch Notes Poke Fun At Players
Overwatch Patch Notes Include McCree's New Name, Bug Fixes, And More have 602 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.