In the morning, his lawn is covered with poems, which take the form of ribbon and coloured streamers. His neighbor is a poet, so that narrows things down a bit. Inevitably, he goes to complain.
I’ve been reading Vermilion Sands this past week, a collection of short stories by JG Ballard that are all based in a fictitious desert holiday community – Palm Springs or the scorched armpits of Arizona – at some point in the nebulous future. It’s a short book but I’m eking it out. I don’t want it to end. I knew I was going to love it – there’s Ballard, of course, but it’s also hard not feel something for a paperback that comes with its own 3D glasses for viewing the fractal depths of the cover art.
- Lea Thompson Talks Back to the Future 30th Anniversary | EXCLUSIVE
- Future sounds: the best pop and rock of 2017
- Like ‘No Man’s Sky’ and ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’, ‘Fallout 76’ Has A Future
- Jeddah's Kingdom Tower: how much higher can skyscrapers go? A history of cities in 50 buildings, day 50
- Here’s Why Scientists Think You Should be Worried about Artificial Intelligence
- The Fermi Paradox: Where the Hell Are the Other Earths?
- The State Of PC Gaming In 2019
- 'Everybody thought we were toxic waste'
- Tragedy in Uganda: Joseph Kony massacre survivors tell their stories
- The Internet Apologizes …
- The Verge looks back on season 7 of Game of Thrones
- The best Xbox One games (December 2019)
- Bombay Beach and the allure of the ghost town
- Turn Your Internet Relationships Into Real World Friendships With A Meetup
- Esperance logs first verified sea snake sighting, but expert says warming oceans may bring more
- Britpop and Kurt Cobain 20 years on - don't look back in anger
- Google’s third era
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 12/04/2019
- The Most Bonkers Movie Sex Scene of the Year Features a Very Horny Robert Pattinson and a Mermaid
- In Conversation: James Murphy
Off-Topic: Weird futures in Vermilion Sands have 313 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.