New details have emerged on Microsoft exclusive RPG Avowed from Obsidian.
The game was first announced at the Xbox Game Showcase in July 2020 and is from the studio behind The Outer Worlds and Pillars of Eternity.
In fact, Avowed mixes in elements from both of those games according to a new report from Windows Central . It’s set in the same universe as Pillars of Eternity, but with a first-person perspective similar to The Outer Worlds.
The report suggests that, if The Outer Worlds was the studio’s take on Fallout, then Avowed is their take on The Elder Scrolls in both its fantasy setting and combat.
Avowed will feature two handed combat and multiple classes, seemingly borrowed from Skyrim. That means dual-wielding weapons and spells for potent attacks, or equipping a mixture of the two. The report states that combat seems “more loadout-based” than Skyrim. Warriors will have access to physical attacks, while casters can customise their combat style using spellbook options and magic bound to specific buttons.
Those magic attacks take a leaf out of Pillars of Eternity’s book. Spells like the lightning based Jolting Touch and two-handed Fireball are present, conjured using complex hand gestures, and status effects like Fetid Caress also feature. Weapon enchantments are a major facet of combat, such as enchanted swords. Fans may even recognise enemies, from the lizard-like Xaurips to deadly drakes.
Unlike Skyrim, Avowed will reportedly have a more colourful visual palette, with luminescent caves, verdant forests and neon effects. The environments will also be destructible, using fire to burn down blocked entryways, for instance.
The footage seen by Windows Central was from a pre-alpha build of the game, so there is plenty of room for change. However, the report speculates we may see an update for the game as early as The Game Awards this year, if not next year’s E3 event.
Obsidian is also working on The Outer Worlds 2 , as announced at this year’s E3. Together, the two games are shaping up to be quite the pairing in Microsoft’s exclusive arsenal.
- Bottleneck Slide Guitar and the History of the Blues
- Network Marketing - Old School Vs New Network Marketing Model
- 5 Great Gifts For Any Assistant
- Understanding Face Cream Reviews
- The 4 Letter Dirty Words That Keep You From Your Goal to Increase Sales
- All-Star Gifts With the X Factor
- Witch Spells - How They Work & How to Write Your Own
- Cold Calling Tips to Make Prospecting Fun!
- 'The Unforgettable Fire'- A Great Underrated U2 Album
- Mystery Flight Over Java (Short Story)
- How to Have a Hundred Great Creative Ideas in a Hundred Days
- What Keeps One Awake
- Tips on Collecting Asian Art Materials
- How to Buy Diamonds on the Internet?
- Betting With My Life
- The Secret Peril That Causes Sales to Be Lost
- 7 Ways to Manage HR Through a Crisis
- Small Business Success and Survival Tips - Getting Paid on Time
- Horse Cribbing Methods That Work
- Should I Give My Husband a Second Chance After His Affair?
Obsidian's forthcoming Avowed sounds like its own take on Skyrim have 488 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.