Monster Hunter: World has achieved an impressive 20m units shipped.
This figure includes shipments of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition, Capcom said.
Capcom put the success of the game down to a few factors, including a series-first worldwide simultaneous launch in January 2018. It helped that Monster Hunter World is brilliant .
Monster Hunter: World became Capcom’s best-selling game of all time within a month of its release . In the three-and-a-half years since, Monster Hunter World sales were boosted by Capcom promotions and the release of the Iceborne expansion.
For comparison’s sake, Nintendo Switch exclusive Monster Hunter Rise has sold 7.5m units as of 24th September. The game heads to PC via Steam on 13th January 2022. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is a big expansion for Rise due out summer 2022.
Monster Hunter has well and truly cracked the west, then, and Capcom has achieved huge sales as a result.
- Terrifying 'Aliens' Franchise Invades 'Monster Hunter World' With This Mod
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Patch Adds Layered Weapons Feature
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update Adds Layered Weapons Feature
- New Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update Will Add Layered Weapons Feature
- New Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Patch Will Add Layered Weapons Feature
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne V13.00 Patch Notes, Update Live On PS4/Xbox One
- Coronavirus-hit Italian cruise ship to dock in south of France
- Monster Hunter Generations review – fantastic beast hunt hits new heights
- Factbox: Latest on the spread of the coronavirus around the world
- Trump calls himself ‘wartime president’, deploys military hospital ships to fight coronavirus
- Nearly half of coronavirus-hit cruise ship passengers can disembark in Marseille
- Passengers of British coronavirus-hit cruise ship evacuate in Cuba
- The world is coming together to fight coronavirus. It can do the same for the climate crisis
- Passengers with homeward tickets can leave coronavirus-hit cruise ship: Marseille port
- Coronavirus hits desperate Venezuela's already broken health care system
- Nintendo's share price hits seven-year high as Switch sales soar
- OUR BORDER FARCE: How extraordinary bungle allowed wheezing and spluttering passengers to get off cruise ships in Sydney without ANY checks - while those flying in walk away with nothing more than a leaflet
- The Australian dollar hits lowest level since 2002, ASX extends fall
- Shipping industry faces $370 mln hit from new Panama Canal charge
- Rice exporters in India rue 30% spike in shipping freight to the US, Europe
Monster Hunter: World hits 20m units shipped have 370 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.