Netflix and Mindhunter director David Fincher are teaming up for a new docuseries titled Voir, which will consist of various visual essays in celebration of cinema.
The streaming giant recently teased “something special” was on the way from David Fincher , which lead fans to speculate about a potential new season of Mindhunter or a movie that finally adapts one of the director’s Fight Club comic book meta-sequels (OK, that might’ve just been us), but alas, the newly revealed project is something altogether different. It’s unclear from the teaser trailer and description exactly what to expect from Voir, but it’ll make its premiere at AFI Fest before hitting Netflix in the near future.
“VOIR, a new documentary series of visual essays celebrating cinema, from the mind of one of film’s modern masters,” reads the series’ brief synopsis. In the teaser you can hear some whistling as well as the sound of a spinning film reel, but the only clear visual is the series’ logo in front of an up-close human eye. So, really not much to go off here.
Fincher is best known for his work on Netflix series Mindhunter and House of Cards, as well as films including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Social Network, and the 1999 cult classic Fight Club, preeminently. Fincher is serving as executive producer on Voir alongside David Prior, who directed the 2020 supernatural horror movie The Empty Man.
For what to watch right now, check out our guide to the best Netflix shows streaming in October 2021.
- David Fincher reportedly backs out of Steve Jobs biopic
- Charlize Theron and House of Cards’ David Fincher to exec produce new Netflix series
- Best shows on Netflix (February 2018): 60 fantastic Netflix series
- Best shows on Netflix (March 2018): 60 fantastic Netflix series
- 20 best Netflix original series
- The best new shows and movies to stream: ‘Mindhunter,’ ‘Lore,’ and more
- The best TV shows on Netflix
- Dave Chappelle said to launch new show on Netflix
- Here’s how to stream Chance the Rapper’s new mixtape — and you might not like it
- Five shows and movies to stream: ‘Zodiac,’ ‘Orange is the New Black,’ and more
- The best new shows and movies to stream this week: ‘Okja,’ ‘Silicon Valley,’ and more
- Netflix Instant’s House of Cards racks up nine Emmy nominations
- ‘I will leave a legacy,’ Frank Underwood promises, as Netflix renews House of Cards for fourth season
- Netflix Rolls Out the Red Carpet for 'House of Cards'
- Netflix previews Arrested Development plans, Lilyhammer renewed
- Stream til you scream with the best scary movies on Netflix, Hulu, and more
- Relive your nightmares with the best horror movies on Netflix
- New Nine Inch Nails coming in 2016, says bandleader Trent Reznor
- Will Smith keeps a magic wand from destroying the world in Netflix’s ‘Bright’
- How to blow up the White House: ‘Olympus Has Fallen’ director and stars discuss siege tactics
Mindhunter director David Fincher reveals new Netflix docuseries Voir have 466 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.