Episode 1 of The New Eurogamer Podcast, featuring Quake legend Sujoy Roy, is now available to all. This took a little longer than expected due to faffing with RSS feeds, but you should now be able to find it in all the places you podcast. If you can’t, please let me know below.
Also, yes, the Eurogamer Podcast is back! But it’s slightly different to what we’ve done before, with a new host – me! – and a new direction. I’ve decided to move to an interview format instead of a chat show because that’s what interests me most. I like sitting people down and hearing about their lives. Some of my best work on the site, in all the many years I’ve worked here, has come from doing it, so that’s what I’m going to be doing here.
My first guest is Sujoy Roy, a name you might remember if you were a part of the Quake scene in the 90s. It’s the scene Eurogamer originally grew out of, by the way, so it’s a fitting place for a new series to begin.
But Sujoy Roy wasn’t just a Quake person – he was more than that. He was an entrepreneur who saw an opening that few others, perhaps no others, had seen in gaming before. He saw the potential for sponsorship, and through it, the opportunity to become the UK’s first professional gamer.
Today, eSports is everywhere, but everything has to begin somewhere. And this story begins in the Cambridge dormitory of a star student about to jeopardise their grades on id Software’s brand new creation, Quake.
I hope you all enjoy The New Eurogamer Podcast. Be sure to specify “new” in the title if you’re having trouble finding it anywhere. You’ll probably come across our old podcast which we decided to leave for historical purposes. Look for the updated artwork of the friendly little radio.
Episodes will be released every fortnight, in both video and audio, and supporters of the website get them first. We wouldn’t have been able to bring the Podcast back without their – your – help. Episodes open to everyone else two weeks later.
Thank you, and please bear with me as I get up to speed. If you’re feeling chatty or have any helpful feedback, I’d love to hear what you think either here, in the comments, or over on the Eurogamer Discord . There’s a special Podcast room there and everything.
- Introducing 'Crossfire', the new Telegraph podcast investigating UK links to the Trump-Russia scandal
- Listen to ‘The Trump Card’, a new Telegraph podcast with Nigel Farage
- Apple and Spotify Are Ready to Take Your Podcast Money
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: Chris Gethard Meets a Deaf ‘Beautiful/Anonymous’ Fan
- Are Podcasts Ready For Live Events Again?
- This Week in True-Crime Podcasts: Crypto Scam Time
- How to subscribe to a podcast in the Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad
- This Week in True-Crime Podcasts: The Mummified Cult Leader
- iOS 14.6 Beta Brings Tweaks to Podcasts App Following Complaints
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: JB Smoove Elaborates
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: A Perfect
- This Week in True-Crime Podcasts: Brendan Dassey Talks
- This Week in Comedy Podcasts: Sara Schaefer’s Haha Hole
- [PODCAST] Law of Duterte Land: Choosing who sits on the Bench
- The Modern Love Podcast: 10
- apple: Apple launches Podcasts subscription feature
- Tribeca Reveals Debut Podcast Slate, Calling It A Major-Festival First
- Apple needs to bring its Podcast app and subscription model to Android
- Apple Watch Series 7 'to get flat edges, new colour'
- AC Podcast 528: Lossless music streaming; Pixel Buds A-Series
Episode 1 of The New Eurogamer Podcast now available to all have 620 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.