Mike Flanagan is known for making horror TV shows and movies, with Midnight Mass for Netflix being his latest work. But what might he make next? It sounds like a pipe dream for now, but Flanagan said on Twitter recently that he would jump at the chance to make a Star Wars horror movie.
After getting abruptly awoken by an earthquake recently, Flanagan had an epiphany of sorts. “Got woken up by the earthquake this morning, sat there for a few minutes just thinking, ‘I’d really love to make a horror movie in the Star Wars universe…” he said.
Got woken up by the earthquake this morning, sat there for a few minutes just thinking “I’d really love to make a horror movie in the STAR WARS universe…”
— Mike Flanagan (@flanaganfilm) October 24, 2021
The responses to Flanagan’s tweet poured in swiftly, with many saying this is a great idea. Midnight Mass star Rahul Kohli was among the people who replied. Kohli said to Flanagan, “Ohhhhhh you’ve been reading my diary,” with an image of Stormtrooper who had seen better days. Filmmaker Edgar Wright replied as well, offering Flanagan a title for his movie, “Don’t Be Afraid Of The Darth.”
Ohhhhhhh you've been reading my diary pic.twitter.com/XxQZ45Fu66
— Rahul Kohli (@RahulKohli13) October 24, 2021
Before Midnight Mass, Flanagan directed the TV series The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor, as well as the movies Ouija, Gerald’s Game, and Doctor Sleep. He is currently working on The Midnight Club for Netflix, but he has no announced projects beyond that.
- 7 Movies to Watch on Filmstruck Before It's Gone Forever
- What’s your favorite trash movie?
- Black Panther: A movie for the Culture
- 4,700 words’ worth of Mike Leach’s most memorable quotes
- The book on which the movie 'Meg' is based on includes Pat Burrell breaking Barry Bonds' home run record
- The book on which the movie 'The Meg' is based includes Pat Burrell breaking Barry Bonds' home run record
- A pair of long-forgotten 1937 hockey movies to add to any fan’s must-see list
- 2018 draft: What are the best sports movies? We drafted the top 35 of all-time
- Zack Golditch, a victim of the 2012 Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting, hopes to make Chargers as undrafted free agent
- Dan Le Batard-Michael Rapaport ESPN media war 'for the ages' gets down, dirty
- Yoan Moncada’s Long Journey to Chicago and Extreme Love of Twinkies
- ESPN's Mike Greenberg: New morning show 'Get Up' will be about sports 'first, last and always'
- Should Duke have gotten a No. 1 seed? The Blue Devils will get their say
- Racing! No doubt, Justify is for real
- Forget Trash Talk: Throwing Shade Has Taken over the NBA
- SI’s MMQB: A fiery (and firing) ending for the NFL regular season
- Hooray for Jordan Howard, Buy on Cobb, Sell on Blount, Eagles to Eye
- Raiders-Chiefs is biggest game left as playoffs loom
- MLB: 1986 Postseason Retrospective Filled with Triumph and Tragedy
- St. Louis Cardinals: Fandom 250 Ranking Announced
A Star Wars Horror Movie? Mike Flanagan From Midnight Mass Would Love To Do It have 488 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.