Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – pretty much the best Space Marine game ever made – turned 10 years old this week, and to celebrate it received a special Anniversary Edition on PC (thanks, PCGamesN ).
Space Marine was developed by Dawn of War and Company of Heroes maker Relic Entertainment for release in 2011 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Relic left its strategy roots behind to create a fun third-person hack-and-slash/shooter hybrid that, while failing to set tills alight for now defunct publisher THQ, went down well among Warhammer 40,000 fans. You play an Ultramarine versus the Orks, with a heavy emphasis on melee (you heal via executions). It’s a bloodfest.
The video below goes into detail on the combat:
This new Anniversary Edition includes the original game with all its DLC, as well as a host of fun extras for fans. It’s a free upgrade for all existing owners of Space Marine on Steam , too, which is cool.
Here’s what you get:
The Anniversary Edition also include the original main Space Marine game, along with all DLC released for the game:
- Chaos Unleashed Map Pack
- Dreadnought Assault DLC
- Iron Hand Veteran Chapter Pack DLC
- Death Guard Champion Chapter Pack DLC
- Golden Relic Bolter
- Golden Relic Chainsword
- Power Sword
- Blood Angels Veteran Armour Set
- Salamanders Veteran Armour Set
- Alpha Legion Champion Armour Set
- Legion of the Damned Armour Set
- Emperor’s Elite Pack
- Traitor Legions Pack
As well, this Anniversary Edition of the game includes for the first time:
- The full soundtrack for the game
- Classic and brand-new wallpapers
- The original manual (pdf)
- The Official Strategy Guide (pdf)
- The Collector’s Edition Artbook (pdf)
- Collector’s cards (pdfs)
- The original launch trailer
Warhammer 40,000 games tend to lean on the strategy side of video game genre, which makes sense given they’re based on the tabletop original. Relic’s foray into action was not entirely successful, but I remember having a blast with it. Time to jump pack back in, perhaps.
- Dawn of War, Vermintide, Blood Bowl, and Space Marines are in the new Humble Bundle
- Warhammer 40000 Indomitus deals - where to find the new starter set
- Get Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War for free in GOG's Warhammer Weekend sale
- Get 11 Warhammer games for $13 in the latest Humble Bundle
- Get Vermintide, Dawn of War and Blood Bowl 2 for £10.50 in the latest Humble Warhammer bundle
- Warhammer 40,000: Regicide enters Early Access next month
- Marin County open space crusade
- One Direction tease long-awaited reunion with new website launching on band’s 10-year anniversary
- Limited Run Games Announces Physical Editions For Bloodstained, Castlevania, And More
- 'We are all Martians!': space explorers seek to solve the riddle of life on Mars
- The Walking Dead returns with deluxe color editions
- The Style guide to getting the most out of SF’s summer
- Saved By The Bell vet Tiffani Thiessen, 46, re-creates her wedding to Brady Smith to mark their 15th anniversary... after sharing rare snap from nuptials
- Rocket Report: Surprise Israeli launch, Britain decides to bail out OneWeb
- $1,000 per month: How would a universal income boost Marin City?
- Eamonn Holmes' wedding anniversary cake for Ruth Langsford has to be seen to be believed
- 'I'm blown away by the love!' Emotional Delta Goodrem celebrates her 150th episode on The Voice as her co-stars surprise her with flowers and cake
- 'If I kneel down I'll never get up again, Ma'am': Captain Sir Tom Moore shares joke with the Queen as she knights at Windsor Castle - just hours after she attended Princess Beatrice's wedding
- The Marvellous Mrs Devgan: On the 20th anniversary of her wedding, Kajol gives her most intimate interview ever!
- Q&A: Jenny McGown celebrates one-year anniversary as Klein ISD superintendent
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine gets surprise 10th Anniversary Edition have 596 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.