The much-missed Driver is being retooled as a live-action TV show, Ubisoft has announced .
The last main game in the series was 2011’s criminally-underrated Driver: San Francisco for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360, which let you “Shift” from one car to another as series protagonist John Tanner pursued his nemesis via a series of high speed chases – all while in a coma.
Tanner returns in the new Driver TV show, which apparently sees him try to take down a local crime syndicate (thanks, GamesIndustry.biz ).
Unexpectedly, this series is in production not for Netflix or Amazon Prime but a new streaming service named Binge . The platform has not yet launched but was apparently mentioned at some point during this year’s online E3 2021.
There’s no word on when Driver will surface, but Binge’s website states it has a roadmap to launch in 2022.
Ubisoft has several film and TV projects on the go. Die Hard and Vikings: Valhalla writer Jeb Stuart is currently penning a live-action Assassin’s Creed series for Netflix . Splinter Cell, Far Cry, and Blood Dragon animated series are also in the works, and there were plans back in 2019 for a Watch Dogs animation for tweens .
- Is Getting a Live-Action TV Series Adaptation
- 'The Mandalorian' brings a major fan favorite into the 'Star Wars' live-action universe
- Academy Award winner will star in new, live-action ‘Spawn’ movie
- ‘Cowboy Bebop’: Six Cast In Netflix Live-Action Remake Of Cult Anime TV Series
- ‘Wonder Girl’ TV Series With Latina Lead From Dailyn Rodriguez & Berlanti Productions In Works At the CW
- Inside Melissa McCarthy's $35,000-per-week Byron Bay rental - as she continues filming TV series Nine Perfect Strangers in Australia
- ‘The Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Series From Diablo Cody, Heather Regnier & Berlanti Prods. In Works At the CW
- Netflix's Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Adds New Cast Members
- ’s Gren Will Be Nonbinary in Netflix’s Live-Action Series
- How The “Swiss Cheese” Is Made: The Difficult And Expensive Reality Of Filming TV Series Amid The Pandemic
- 'Tom and Jerry' trailer revives the decades-old rivalry in new live-action film
- Voltron Live-Action Movie Is Happening with X-Men Writer
- ‘Pink Panther’: MGM Developing Live-Action/CGI Hybrid Movie With ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’s Jeff Fowler Directing
- Lilo & Stitch Getting A Live-Action Remake
- Crazy Rich Asians Director In Talks For Live-Action Lilo & Stitch Movie, Report Says
- Live-action Mega Man movie still in development – and there's "big news" coming soon
- Green Lantern HBO Max Series Will Look Like a Movie, But Is Written Like a TV Show
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade celebrate their daughter Kaavia's second birthday with heartfelt tribute: 'The light of our lives'
- The best superhero TV shows of all time
- WWE Survivor Series live stream for FREE: How to watch huge event without paying a penny
Ubisoft will revive Driver as a live-action TV series have 452 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.