The much-missed Driver is being retooled as a live-action TV show, Ubisoft has announced .
The last main game in the series was 2011’s criminally-underrated Driver: San Francisco for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360, which let you “Shift” from one car to another as series protagonist John Tanner pursued his nemesis via a series of high speed chases – all while in a coma.
Tanner returns in the new Driver TV show, which apparently sees him try to take down a local crime syndicate (thanks, GamesIndustry.biz ).
Unexpectedly, this series is in production not for Netflix or Amazon Prime but a new streaming service named Binge . The platform has not yet launched but was apparently mentioned at some point during this year’s online E3 2021.
There’s no word on when Driver will surface, but Binge’s website states it has a roadmap to launch in 2022.
Ubisoft has several film and TV projects on the go. Die Hard and Vikings: Valhalla writer Jeb Stuart is currently penning a live-action Assassin’s Creed series for Netflix . Splinter Cell, Far Cry, and Blood Dragon animated series are also in the works, and there were plans back in 2019 for a Watch Dogs animation for tweens .
- Nickelodeon Parts Ways With TV Series Producer Dan Schneider
- Microsoft announces live action 'Halo' TV series with Steven Spielberg as executive producer
- Disney To Launch 20 Marvel & ‘Star Wars’ TV Series Over The Next Few Years
- Disco Elysium is getting a TV series from Sonic the Hedgehog producer
- The Mandalorian will get two spinoff series: Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic
- Hayden Christensen set to return as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Disney Plus' new Obi-Wan Kenobi series
- Marvel announces five new Disney+ series: Secret Invasion, Ironheart, more
- Beauty and the Beast Prequel Series About Gaston & LeFou Confirmed for Disney+
- Facebook Watch To Launch Interactive AI Reality Series ‘Rival Peak’ With Aftershow Hosted By Wil Wheaton
- First WandaVision Episode Was Filmed in Front of a Live Studio Audience
- The Gentlemen TV Show Is Coming from Director Guy Ritchie
- Ruby Rose Exits the CW’s ‘Batwoman’, DC Series To Recast Iconic Lead Role For Season 2
- Will Smith's super kid Jaden Smith 'cast as DC Comics teen hero Static Shock in upcoming Warner Bros web series'
- Fall Premiere Dates For New & Returning Series On Broadcast, Cable & Streaming: 2019 Edition
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The Most Political TV Moments of 2018
- Where the Balamory cast are now - bus driver, porn star daughter and tragic death
- Palm Springs and Lovecraft Country lead the nominations for brand new Critics Choice Super Awards honoring sci-fi and action films
- Every Marvel Movie And TV Show Announced During Disney's Investor Call
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie And TV Show Announced During Disney's Investor Call
Ubisoft will revive Driver as a live-action TV series have 442 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.