Call of Duty 2022 is Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2, various sources have reported.
“Project Cortez” was spotted in today’s leaked list of titles datamined from Nvidia’s GeForce Now .
It’s down as developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
VGC reports this is Modern Warfare 2, the follow-up to Infinity Ward’s 2019 Modern Warfare soft reboot. Eurogamer sources back this up.
VGC also reports Modern Warfare 2’s campaign revolves around US special forces fighting Colombian drug cartels. Eurogamer sources also back this up.
“Project Cortez” is apparently a reference to the Colonel Felix Cortez character from 1994 action thriller Clear and Present Danger, which has a similar premise.
The news comes two months after the State of California sued Activision Blizzard over what it alleges to be a “frat boy” culture that created “a breeding ground for harassment and discrimination against women”.
The lawsuit alleges a culture of “constant sexual harassment”, mainly at Blizzard Entertainment, the maker of World of Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch.
A coalition of workers from across multiple Activision Blizzard studios, collectively called the ABK Workers Alliance, has already criticised the decision to hire WilmerHale – the same law firm helping Amazon keep its workers from unionising – to review the company.
Even an Activision Blizzard shareholder has hit out at the company’s response to the discrimination lawsuit.
Sledgehammer addressed the recent Activision Blizzard allegations while announcing the upcoming Call of Duty: Vanguard .
The demands of the ABK Workers Alliance have still not been met, the organisation has said.
— ABetterABK ? ABK Workers Alliance (@ABetterABK) September 2, 2021
Modern Warfare 2 as next year’s Call of Duty comes as little surprise, given it will be three years since Modern Warfare came out and there are many story threads left hanging.
Since then, free-to-play battle royale Warzone, currently driven by Raven, has exploded in popularity. Last year Treyarch released Black Ops Cold War, and this year Sledgehammer is set to release World War 2 shooter Vanguard.
Warzone’s original map, Verdansk, is no more – and it’s not coming back . A World War 2-themed map set in the Pacific theatre of war launches later this year to tie in with Vanguard. I suspect Warzone will launch a brand new map set in the present day or in the near future that continues Captain Price’s story when the time comes for Modern Warfare 2 to launch.
- Best Assault Rifle in Warzone [Season 3]: a guide to Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare
- Best LMG in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to LMGs in Modern Warfare
- Best Shotgun in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to Shotguns in Modern Warfare
- Best SMG in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to SMGs in Modern Warfare
- Best AR in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to Assault Rifles in Modern Warfare
- Best SMG in Warzone [Season 3]: a guide to SMGs in Modern Warfare
- Best Sniper in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to Sniper Rifles in Modern Warfare
- Best Marksman Rifle in Warzone [Season 4]: a guide to Marksman Rifles in Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone now have in-game Black Lives Matter message
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare--Here's Why You Recognize The New Hardhat Map
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Has Great New Maps, Including A Throwback To MW3
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare And Warzone Support Black Lives Matter With A New Splash Screen
- When does Modern Warfare season 4 start?
- Modern Warfare Season 4 update glitch nearly doubles the download size on Xbox
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4 is now live, brings new maps, in-match events and more
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 4: What's New?
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare season 4: Everything we know
- Infinity Ward quietly removes OK gesture from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone cheating once again in the spotlight as fresh banwave hits hard
- Infinity Ward pledges to crackdown on racism in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Sources: Call of Duty 2022 is Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 have 688 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.