Call of Duty 2022 is Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2, various sources have reported.
“Project Cortez” was spotted in today’s leaked list of titles datamined from Nvidia’s GeForce Now .
It’s down as developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
VGC reports this is Modern Warfare 2, the follow-up to Infinity Ward’s 2019 Modern Warfare soft reboot. Eurogamer sources back this up.
VGC also reports Modern Warfare 2’s campaign revolves around US special forces fighting Colombian drug cartels. Eurogamer sources also back this up.
“Project Cortez” is apparently a reference to the Colonel Felix Cortez character from 1994 action thriller Clear and Present Danger, which has a similar premise.
The news comes two months after the State of California sued Activision Blizzard over what it alleges to be a “frat boy” culture that created “a breeding ground for harassment and discrimination against women”.
The lawsuit alleges a culture of “constant sexual harassment”, mainly at Blizzard Entertainment, the maker of World of Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch.
A coalition of workers from across multiple Activision Blizzard studios, collectively called the ABK Workers Alliance, has already criticised the decision to hire WilmerHale – the same law firm helping Amazon keep its workers from unionising – to review the company.
Even an Activision Blizzard shareholder has hit out at the company’s response to the discrimination lawsuit.
Sledgehammer addressed the recent Activision Blizzard allegations while announcing the upcoming Call of Duty: Vanguard .
The demands of the ABK Workers Alliance have still not been met, the organisation has said.
— ABetterABK (@ABetterABK) September 2, 2021
Modern Warfare 2 as next year’s Call of Duty comes as little surprise, given it will be three years since Modern Warfare came out and there are many story threads left hanging.
Since then, free-to-play battle royale Warzone, currently driven by Raven, has exploded in popularity. Last year Treyarch released Black Ops Cold War, and this year Sledgehammer is set to release World War 2 shooter Vanguard.
Warzone’s original map, Verdansk, is no more – and it’s not coming back . A World War 2-themed map set in the Pacific theatre of war launches later this year to tie in with Vanguard. I suspect Warzone will launch a brand new map set in the present day or in the near future that continues Captain Price’s story when the time comes for Modern Warfare 2 to launch.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Gunfight Mode Revealed, Promises 2v2 Close-Quarter Combat With Thrilling Gameplay
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare returns in October
- Modern Warfare's multiplayer Gunfight mode now available on PS4
- Modern Warfare, Ghost Recon, Outer Worlds: TEN biggest games launching in October
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer trailer is here
- Officers graduate in modern warfare course
- Call of Duty: Mobile gets own Battle Royale mode
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty
- If Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Doesn’t Have a Single-Player Campaign It Shouldn't Cost $60, But It Probably Will Anyway
- Call of Duty Mobile COUNTDOWN: Release date, start time, download requirements
- Call of Duty creator reportedly evacuated after bomb threat
- Call of Duty 2019 reveal coming Thursday
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Could Offer a Glimpse Into the Future of Gaming
- Call of Duty: Mobile to Launch on October 1 for Android and iOS
- Call of Duty Mobile Release date surprise for Android and iOS COD gamers
- Call of Duty: Mobile Now Available for Android and iOS: How to Download
- Call of Duty: Mobile is live after a troubled launch - CNET
- 'Call of Duty: Mobile' is released
- Call of Duty Mobile Controller Support for PS4 and Xbox devices? Activision gives update
- Call of Duty: Mobile is coming to Android, iOS
Sources: Call of Duty 2022 is Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 have 636 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.