New details on Overwatch 2 are on the horizon, with the game set to make a special appearance during the Overwatch League Grand Finals on September 25. There will be looks at reworked heroes as well as a special Overwatch 2 exhibition match.
As part of the Overwatch League Grand Finals preshow and halftime event, Blizzard will put a spotlight on hero reworks for Bastion and Sombra, while also breaking down Bastion’s new look and how it fits into the developer’s philosophy behind designing the sequel.
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) September 16, 2021
The first-ever Overwatch 2 exhibition match will feature various pro Overwatch League players taking the game for a spin, and should give fans their best look yet at the game in action. The finals and exhibition match will be livestreamed via YouTube .
Blizzard’s most recent Overwatch 2 update came back in May, when a “What’s Next” livestream revealed new maps like New York City and Rome alongside the new Push game mode and visual and gameplay changes to heroes like Winston, Mei, and Torbjörn. It was also revealed that Overwatch 2 would be moving to a 5v5 format , away from the original’s 6v6 matches. An early build of Overwatch 2 will be played for the Overwatch League’s 2022 season, which starts in April.
The Overwatch League Grand Finals, and its spotlight on Overwatch 2, comes as Blizzard continues to deal with the fallout from a state of California lawsuit alleging widespread harassment and discrimination against women employees at Activision Blizzard.
Following the lawsuit’s allegations, a number of major sponsors vanished from the official Overwatch League website, while others, like Coca-Cola , publicly said it would be taking a step back to revisit future plans and programs. Those same allegations also led to the departure of numerous veteran Blizzard employees implicated in activities named in the lawsuit, including former lead level designer Jesse McCree. The Overwatch hero sharing McCree’s name will be undergoing a name change as a result. Overwatch 2 does not currently have a release date.
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Grand Finale: Riythvika Wins The Show!
- Pokemon Sword / Shield Isle Of Armor: Starter G-Max Moves And New Story Details
- VOTE: Best hooker of the Super League era
- Rugby league great Arthur Summons dies aged 84
- Super League look to scrap relegation as Robert Elstone considers options
- The Overwatch League's Vancouver Titans have dropped their entire roster mid-season
- CPL 2019 Final: Guyana Amazon Warriors Vs Barbados Tridents: TV Channel Details, IST Timings, Live Streaming Information
- Indian Idol 10 Grand Finale: Shah Rukh- Nitin’s Dance Off To Crack You Up! Inside Details
- Women's Super League: Warrington Wolves captain Roxy Murdoch finds release in rugby
- Niall Evalds details impact of social media abuse over imminent Salford Red Devils exit
- Where Arsenal’s final Highbury XI from 14 years ago are now including Thierry Henry after flopping in first manager job
- Jordan Rapana’s startling rugby admission as returning Raiders star plots new career trajectory
- New Zealand’s “Nomads” in Australia for rugby league season
- 5pm Chelsea news LIVE: Barcelona 2009 semi-final ‘could have been fixed’, Chilwell talks begin, Lampard’s home robbed
- French farce, Barba shines, and Walker overcomes curse - 7 talking points from the weekend's Super League action
- League Two clubs agree to END season with points-per-game system set to determine table and play-offs for promotion
- Premier League chiefs given fresh warning over hopes of June return as government insist ‘public safety comes first’
- Man Utd and Chelsea warned transfer target Andre Onana will not come cheap by Ajax chief Edwin van der Sar
- What does UK announcement mean for the Premier League?
- The weekend's Barclay's Premier League games at a glance
New Overwatch 2 Details Coming As Part Of The Overwatch League Grand Finals have 603 words, post on www.gamespot.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.