While many celebs marked their first appearance at the Met Gala 2021, Elliot Page’s walk down the red carpet was special. The actor turned heads at his first big red carpet moment after he came out as transgender in December 2020.
Elliot Page was seen wearing a Balenciaga suit paired with sneakers and a green brooch. For the unversed, Elliot Page began using both he/him and they/them pronouns at the age of 34, opened up about his sexual identity through an open letter.
“I love that I am trans. And I love that I am queer.” The Umbrella Academy star thanked his supporters and added, “I feel overwhelming gratitude for the incredible people who have supported me along this journey. I can’t begin to express how remarkable it feels to finally love who I am enough to pursue my authentic self.”
The June star revealed that he always “felt like a boy” and had often asked his mother if he “could be a boy.” He was recently seen playing a female character in Netflix’s The Umbrella Academy. Earlier he won an Academy Award nomination for Juno 2007.
Coming back to Met Gala 2021, the event usually takes place in May every year, but was pushed back due to the pandemic. The show returned in 2021 with “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion” as its theme.
- Curvy Mariah Carey wears tight crimson gown for first red carpet appearance with James Packer at premiere... but pair appear tense after loved-up display for cameras
- NTAs 2020: Tess Daly and Vernon Kay put on a united front as they make rare red carpet appearance together
- Britney Spears, Sam Asghari make red carpet debut at 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' premiere
- Antonia Gorga, 13, Makes Red Carpet Debut as Cousin Gia Giudice, 17, Admitted to Colleges
- Grammy Awards 2020: Lewis Capaldi shares a picture of himself sitting on TOILET before his animated red carpet appearance as he makes awards debut
- 's Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Make First Red Carpet Appearance as Newlyweds
- Jonathan Scott and Zooey Deschanel Make Red Carpet Debut at Critic’s Choice Documentary Awards
- Nine celebrities who have boycotted or been banned from the Met Gala
- Met Gala 2019: Best and worst-dressed on the red carpet
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Wet, Dripping' at the Met Gala in Mugler Dress that Took 8 Months to Make
- Meghan Markle to attend Met Gala in New York with Vogue editor Edward Winninful
- Shawn Mendes and Hailey Baldwin Make It Red Carpet Official at the Met Gala Amid Dating Rumors
- Met Gala: Joe Jonas and 'GoT' Star Sophie Turner Make Public Debut as Married Couple
- Scarlett Johansson Wears Marchesa to the Met Gala: 'Their Clothes Make Women Feel Confident'
- What is the MET Gala & what is the theme for 2018?
- Scarlett Johansson Attends Met Gala Wearing Marchesa, Brand Owned by Harvey Weinstein's Ex-Wife
- Katie Holmes is makeup-free as she yawns during NYC shopping spree... one week after taking beau Jamie Foxx to the Met Gala
- Deepika Padukone accepts her design inspiration is Ranveer Singh, shares Met Gala after-party pic as proof
- Sarah Hyland gives her fiance Wells Adams a kiss on the Teen Choice Awards red carpet
- Meghan Markle Not Attending Met Gala Following Rumored Reports
Met Gala 2021: Elliot Page Makes His First Red Carpet Appearance Since Coming Out As Transgender have 545 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.