Work on the new and improved version of Dwarf Fortress is ongoing. To tide us over, we have a new 10 minute gameplay video showing off the game’s graphics.
The video below shows the new Desert Fortress in action. We see the new menus, a first look at the desert terrain, and what it looks like underground.
Dwarf Fortress is perhaps the deepest simulation of a world ever created, an infamously complex. It has for years had ASCII dwarves – little smiley faces fewer pixels than the average emoji. For the upcoming Steam release, Dwarf Fortress is getting actual graphics and much more in a bid to make it a tad accessible.
(Dan Pearson’s feature, Learning to love Dwarf Fortress, gaming’s deepest simulation , is well worth a read if you want to know more.)
There’s no release date yet for Dwarf Fortress on Steam (as its Steam page says, “time is subjective”).
- Top 10 Free Steam Games You Can Play on Linux
- Donald Trump Will Resign Presidency With 10 Minutes Left in Term So Mike Pence Can Pardon Him, Conservative Columnist Predicts
- 10 minutes w/ Ken Block of Hoonigan Racing
- 10 of the best campsites in the Lake District and Cumbria
- 10 of the best winter walks in the UK
- The 10 Best Base Building Games and Kingdom Building Games
- How to Turn Your Steam Link Into a Kodi Media Center
- The Witcher 3 Just Had Its Biggest Day Ever On Steam
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 push is effective, damaging, desirable, and deceptive
- Free Fire to PUBG Mobile: Here are the top five mobile games of 2019
- How to Fix the Machine Check Exception BSOD in Windows 10
- 10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Apple TV
- Inside the $7K a week LA health retreat where you hike for 10 miles a day and have to adhere to a strict vegan diet of 1,400 calories - which A-list celebrities visit to help achieve their red carpet bodies
- How long it would take to watch EVERYTHING new on Netflix? Scientists say 3,274 hours - that's 830 minutes a day for 236.5 days
- Boxing Day sales are live already - here are the best deals so far
- 10 of the best family days out in Cumbria
- Which Windows 10 Services Are Safe to Disable? Here’s an Overview
- Why You Shouldn't Be Scared for Netflix's Live-Action 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Series
- F*** Bah Humbug: Viewers claim they need to LIP-READ foul-mouthed version of A Christmas Carol because of 'rubbish' sound and mumbling actors - and accuse BBC of 'butchering' Dickens' classic
- ELECTION VIOLENCE: INEC protests military actions, Army indicts police
Here's 10 minutes of the Steam version of Dwarf Fortress in action have 411 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.