Funcom has bought the Conan intellectual property and announced a new game that combines characters from the Robert E. Howard universe.
The Age of Conan and Conan Exiles developer – now owned by Tencent – bought Cabinet Group, which held dozens of intellectual properties, including Conan the Barbarian, Mutant Year Zero and Solomon Kane.
It plans to merge these intellectual properties into the IP studio Heroic Signatures.
Funcom CEO Rui Casais discussed one unannounced project already in development:
“We are currently overseeing the development of an unannounced game which will combine many of the characters in the Robert E. Howard universe,” Casais said.
“And if you combine Funcom’s knowledge of games with Heroic Signatures’ knowledge of the TV/entertainment, publishing, and licensing industries, it makes us perfectly placed to take this venture to the next level. It’s exciting times ahead for us and for fans of the IPs.”
So, which characters are in the Robert E. Howard universe? There’s Conan himself, of course. Then there’s Red Sonya, Dark Agnes, Kull of Atlantis, Thulsa Doom, the aforementioned Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn and plenty more.
The note to press mentions “what Fortnite has done with The Avengers” as potential inspiration for how to take all this IP forward. Perhaps we’ll see a live in-game concert headlined by Conan at some point.
- Amazon Prime Day 2021 | This laptop buying guide will help you choose the right notebook
- This HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop Is $400 Off At Best Buy Today | Digital Trends
- How to change IP address: Step-by-step for PC and mobile
- Why You Should Buy a Curved Gaming Monitor While On Sale | Digital Trends
- Exclusive: PS5 restock at GameStop scheduled for today – how to buy it
- The Best Phones to Buy Right Now: Gizmodo's Top Picks for 2021
- A class-leading camera at half the price? Just buy the Pixel 3a already
- 3 Sell-Off Stocks to Buy Right Now
- The 1 Thing You Should Know About 5G Stocks Before You Buy
- HP buys Teradici, guns for remote high performance computing
- Desus and Mero give Boston fan Matt Damon the business, Paul Rudd-style
- HP Introduces X Series Gaming Monitors from $259 | Digital Trends
- Rogue One's Donnie Yen first ass-kicked in Kill Zone
- This Deal is Why You Need a Curved Gaming Monitor | Digital Trends
- Who owns the phrase 'silo art trail'? A small Victorian council argues it belongs to them
- Built for movie buffs, the Sony X950G is a sweet home theater centerpiece
- The Best Laptops Under $500 In 2021: Lenovo, Acer, More | Digital Trends
- The Best 4K Laptops for 2021 | Digital Trends
- How to create the perfect home office: ideas from Home Depot, IKEA, Office Depot and more
- BW and ESR convert 40,000sq.m ready-built warehouse into COVID-19 treatment centre
Funcom buys Conan IP have 435 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.