Funcom has bought the Conan intellectual property and announced a new game that combines characters from the Robert E. Howard universe.
The Age of Conan and Conan Exiles developer – now owned by Tencent – bought Cabinet Group, which held dozens of intellectual properties, including Conan the Barbarian, Mutant Year Zero and Solomon Kane.
It plans to merge these intellectual properties into the IP studio Heroic Signatures.
Funcom CEO Rui Casais discussed one unannounced project already in development:
“We are currently overseeing the development of an unannounced game which will combine many of the characters in the Robert E. Howard universe,” Casais said.
“And if you combine Funcom’s knowledge of games with Heroic Signatures’ knowledge of the TV/entertainment, publishing, and licensing industries, it makes us perfectly placed to take this venture to the next level. It’s exciting times ahead for us and for fans of the IPs.”
So, which characters are in the Robert E. Howard universe? There’s Conan himself, of course. Then there’s Red Sonya, Dark Agnes, Kull of Atlantis, Thulsa Doom, the aforementioned Solomon Kane, Bran Mak Morn and plenty more.
The note to press mentions “what Fortnite has done with The Avengers” as potential inspiration for how to take all this IP forward. Perhaps we’ll see a live in-game concert headlined by Conan at some point.
- View: A tax based on IP address is creating a fair amount of controversy
- What Nvidia buying Arm means for PC gaming
- John Carmack and Todd Howard react to Microsoft buying Bethesda
- Amazon Fire HD 10 vs. iPad 10.2: Which should you buy?
- IDEA Public Schools buys current building, land for new school
- Shop Black Friday Deals at Best Buy’s Competing Prime Day Sale
- Government allows online bid submission for BPCL buy-out
- PS5 launch games: Every PlayStation 5 title you can buy on Thursday
- Thursday Dealmaster wants you to buy a GPS watch and go running
- iPad Pro 2020 review: Is this offering from Apple a MacBook substitute?
- Rahul Dravid reveals why Mumbai Indians have won 5 IPL titles; terms last decade as Team India's best in limited-overs
- Best Prime Day monitor deals 2020: Final chance to score the best offers
- Best Black Friday Monitor Deals 2020: BenQ, Dell, Samsung
- The best cheap Apple Watch prices and sales in November 2020
- Inside the FBI takedown of the mastermind behind website offering drugs, guns and murders for hire
- The best laptops of 2020 in Australia: our picks of the top laptops on sale now
- Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QNR review: Only skill can save you now
- Donald Trump Jr targets Nikki Haley for lack of action over vote fraud claim
- The best cheap laptop deals in November 2020
- iPad (2020) vs. iPad (2019): Should you upgrade?
Funcom buys Conan IP have 433 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.