Deathloop players have complained of stuttering and poor frame-rates in the game’s PC version, and now developer Arkane has acknowledged the problem.
In a statement shared by the game’s community manager on reddit , Arkane said it was looking into the issue “as a priority”.
“Hey all, I’m one of the Deathloop community managers,” MortalEmporer wrote on reddit , replying to a post which jokingly suggested Deathloop’s issues were due to the graphical quality of its in-game food.
“While those burgers do look great, regarding performance we are aware of reports that some PC users are experiencing stuttering issues in Deathloop.
“We’re actively investigating the issue right now as a priority, and will update you with more specific information as soon as possible.”
In the meantime, Deathloop’s Steam reviews are taking a hit. Despite a strong critical review consensus at launch, the game currently sits on a “mixed” user rating.
Many user reviews include unfounded speculation that Deathloop’s use of Denuvo’s controversial copy protection is to blame. But, writing on Twitter last night, Digital Foundry’s Alex Battaglia said there was no evidence Denuvo was to blame for the stuttering players are currently reporting.
There is no direct evidence at the moment in all my testing that there is microstuttering/that denuvo is at fault for anything. There is an issue though with something that looks like stutters though, but is not actually performance related. I think it is best to report on that. https://t.co/8vCU0w7I0U
— Alexander Battaglia (@Dachsjaeger) September 15, 2021
Instead, he wrote, the issue seemed to lie with the game’s camera movement when playing with a mouse and using an unlocked frame-rate not set to standard values such as 60fps.
Digital Foundry will have a deeper dive into this issue as part of a detailed video, due tomorrow. In the meantime, we’ve contacted Bethesda for more information.
“A brilliant timeloop shooter that gives Dishonored’s best tricks and techniques more opportunity to shine,” Edwin wrote in Eurogamer’s Deathloop review , awarding it an Essential badge. (We played on PS5.)
- Rocksteady say they have "dealt with the issues raised" by reports of sexual harrassment
- 'I felt the toxicity of the environment': Former Ellen DeGeneres Show DJ says he 'stands with his former colleagues' in Instagram post addressing bullying allegations as the talk show host has her WORST ratings ever amid ongoing scandal
- Horizon Zero Dawn patch fixes 'several' issues, but there's a lot left to be done
- Horizon Zero Dawn on PC suffering from crashes, technical issues
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC Problems Were Known "For Months"
- Hitman 3 coming to Epic Games Store as a timed PC exclusive
- Zoom security issues: Zoom buys security company, aims for end-to-end encryption
- All The Games Delayed Due To Coronavirus
- Microsoft Flight Simulator's "pre-load" was 90GB too small
- Don't listen to Microsoft Flight Simulator's infuriating installation song, listen to these
- Horizon Zero Dawn's first patch fixes some crashes
- The first Total War: Three Kingdoms expansion will bring tigers to the battlefield
- Take to the skies with Nvidia and AMD drivers for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Returns To Predator In New Hunting Grounds DLC
- Halo Infinite Dev Responds To Report About Splitting Up Campaign And Multiplayer
- Apex Legends Season 6 Patch Notes Reveal Recon Character Adjustments
- Apple stumbled into a war with the gaming industry, and the future of iOS is at stake
- Fortnite's iOS/Android Ban And Epic's Apple/Google Lawsuit, Explained
- Fortnite iOS / Android Ban And Epic's Apple / Google Lawsuit, Explained
- Batman Rumored "Gotham Knights" Teaser Reveals Continue With Another Puzzle Piece, Two-Face Reference
Deathloop PC stuttering issues being investigated, Arkane says have 661 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.