Sony is reportedly reviving its brash vehicular combat series Twisted Metal to coincide with the launch of its previously announced television adaptation.
The news comes via GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb who, as spotted by VGC , discussed development of a new Twisted Metal title during the latest Giant Bomb video show . According to Grubb, the new instalment represents a “broadening” of Sony’s first-party games strategy as it seeks to align releases with its numerous movie and television projects.
Sony initially revealed it would be adapting Twisted Metal for television back in 2019, but it wasn’t until earlier this year that first details were revealed. The project, an action comedy penned by Cobra Kai writer Michael Jonathan Smith, follows the adventures of a motor-mouthed outsider who’s offered a chance at a better life – as long as he can deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
As for the new Twisted Metal game, Grubb says it’s still early in development and series creator David Jaffe won’t be involved. Eurogamer has heard similar reports through its own sources.
Sony, of course, is holding its PlayStation Showcase tonight at 9pm BST . Might there might be word on the new Twisted Metal, despite its apparently early status? We shall find out soon.
- New Twist on the Deer Hunter Game When Coaching Youth Football
- Rebate Processing From Home - A New Twist to the Data Entry Game
- Lose Weight Using Old Methods With a New Twist
- Santa Claus Letters and Personalized Christmas Gifts - A New Twist on an Old Game
- A New Twist on Network Marketing - Taking Your Business From the Kitchen Table to the Internet
- A New Twist on an Old Advertising Product For Health Care Providers - Magnetic Direct Mail
- This Consumer Auto Report Works
- Bring Your "A" Game to Work Every Day!
- Sarah Palin and McCain - A New Twist in the Mommy Wars
- A New Twist on Marketing 3PL Warehousing Space and Services
- A New Twist on Saying Thank You to Your Employees!
- Best VoIP Provider - A New Twist to Your Old Way of Communicating
- Stewardship - A New Twist on Time Management
- Escape 9-5, Live ANYWHERE and Join the NEW Rich - The Four Hour Work Week
- Mario Games - Most Identifiable Name in the Online Gaming World Today!
- Top Game Downloads For the PSP - Top PSP Games That You Should Download
- Make a Board Game
- Wii Enthusiasts - The Revolutionary Wii Music Game
- Kids Wii Games - The Best For 2008 & 2009
- Sudoku Download Games - The Benefits of Playing Sudoku Games on Your PC
A new Twisted Metal game is reportedly in the works have 417 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.