UPDATE 26/8/21: DokeV has shifted genres during development and is no longer an MMO, Black Desert Online developer Pearl Abyss has now said.
While still currently referred to in press materials and on the game’s official site as an MMO, this no longer the case, Pearl Abyss announced this morning via Twitter .
“DokeV was initially introduced as an MMO, but we decided to move the game in a different direction and it’s now a creature-collecting open world action-adventure,” the DokeV account stated. “But regardless of genre, we’re going for fun, vibrant, and adventurous!”
Does that heighten your interest in the game, or dampen it down?
#DokeV was initially introduced as an MMO, but we decided to move the game in a different direction and it’s now a creature-collecting open world action-adventure.
— DokeV (@DokeVGame) August 25, 2021
ORIGINAL STORY 25/8/21: Black Desert Online developer Pearl Abyss has shown more of DokeV, its upcoming and extremely eye-catching monster collection MMO, as part of Gamescom’s Opening Night Live.
It’s difficult not to be impressed by the visual flair and ambition on-screen, as characters run, ride, glide and drive around its beautiful world.
I’m less impressed by its monsters – a collection of oddball creatures which in turn look like animals, robots or piñatas. It’s also unclear exactly how battles will work – they look real-time, with items and weaponry seemingly summoned out of thin air.
There’s a long stretch of gameplay set in a city, but also snatches of a snowy mountainside and rocky beaches showing more variety to DokeV’s world. You also seem to be able to float around using umbrellas, and swing around as if you were Spider-Man.
There’s nothing on how it will really play, and there have been countless attempts at the Pokémon formula in the past. Still, intriguing? Definitely. One to keep an eye on.
- How the Humble Games Black Game Developer Fund is changing lives in 2021
- Pokemon Go June Field Research tasks, rewards and breakthrough latest updates
- How to Catch Ditto in Pokemon Go | Digital Trends
- All the Games We Know, Expect, and Hope Will Be at E3 2018 | Digital Trends
- What Are The Most Valuable Cards In The Pokémon: Trading Card Game’s Chilling Reign Expansion?
- Sable Hands-On: A Vast, Striking Desert Worth Exploring | Digital Trends
- Mobile AR game Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Goes Live a Day Early | Digital Trends
- Cyberpunk 2077 Was Supposed to Be the Biggest Video Game of the Year. What Happened?
- The Best Games of 2021 (So Far): From Mario to Returnal | Digital Trends
- The Best Nintendo Switch Games for 2021 | Digital Trends
- Unannounced Nintendo Switch Games Set to Launch Soon, Says Nintendo | Digital Trends
- The Best Gaming Easter Eggs of All Time | Digital Trends
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombie Mode Guide | Digital Trends
- Vick Hope showcases her incredible figure in a black bra and matching blazer as she walks the red carpet at Black Widow premiere
- All the latest Amazon Prime Day gaming chair deals and sales
- The Best Headphones For Every Style, Need And Budget
- The Best Co-op Games for 2021 | Digital Trends
- Best Prime Day Video Game Deals 2021 | Digital Trends
- The Black Shark 2 devours games, but there are other gaming fish in the sea
- JoJo Fletcher Shares Her 11 Favorite Shoes From DSW - E! Online
DokeV is an eye-catching Pokémon-style game from the Black Desert Online developer have 560 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at August 25, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.