The game was delayed from a 2020 launch and isn’t officially releasing until later this year, but Halo Infinite’s technical preview, or beta, is live this weekend. The beta started on July 29 and will end on Monday, August 2 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET. Players signed up for the beta through Halo Insider , and can now install it on either their Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC via Steam. You must have received an invitation in order to participate.
While players won’t be able to access Halo Infinite’s campaign during the technical preview this weekend, they will have an opportunity to try out the game’s upcoming free-to-play multiplayer. Throughout the beta, a few different types of playlists will be available, which pit players against both bots and other players.
While matches against players will go on as they have in any other Halo title, matches against bots will be a little different. As part of a playlist called Bot Slayer, these matches will get more difficult and take place on different maps as the technical preview goes on.
Developer 343 Industries is also asking players to play regular matchmaking games at certain times corresponding with when it would expect heavy server load for the game. Naturally, these timeframes are from 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET to 9 PM PT / 1 AM ET on July 30, 31, and August 1, all late at night in the US during the weekend.
Surprisingly, players will be getting a peek at more than just Halo Infinite’s multiplayer this weekend. 343 Industries has also enabled parts of the game’s battle pass and store for players to access. Technical Preview participants have even been given some in-game currency to purchase some extra items along with the battle pass. However, any progress gained during the beta, in both the battle pass and general XP, will not extend past this beta.
Halo Infinite is currently set to launch this holiday season for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. While we don’t currently have a concrete launch date, Xbox boss Phil Spencer has reaffirmed that the game’s release date has been narrowed down to “a few weeks.”
- Halo Infinite Confirmed For E3 2019 Appearance
- Halo Infinite is a 'spiritual reboot' for the franchise says Bonnie Ross
- What might Halo Infinite's microtransactions look like?
- 343 writer says ‘Halo Infinite’ won’t have Battle Royale, and that’s dumb
- Here's how 'Halo: Outpost Discovery' may be related to Halo Infinite
- Halo Infinite already supports 4-player split screen gameplay
- Halo Infinite might take place on Zeta Halo — here's what you need to know
- Halo Infinite E3 2019 trailer left us with 5 burning questions
- Halo Infinite, a spiritual reboot for the series, will make its way to E3 2019
- Halo Infinite is reportedly the most expensive video game project ever
- E3 2018: Watch the Halo Infinite reveal during Microsoft's event
- Xbox Project Scarlett launches Holiday 2020 with Halo Infinite
- 343 Industries partners with Limbitless for Halo-themed prosthetics for children
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC headed to Steam and Windows 10
- Is Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth returning to?
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC reportedly 'close to release'
- After five years, Halo: The Master Chief Collection is finally coming to PC
- All the Halo games ranked from best to worst
- 34 Best (And 3 WTF) New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (12/9/11
- How to get into the Halo: Reach beta on Xbox One and PC
The Halo Infinite Technical Preview Is Live Until August 2 have 557 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.